Chapter 43: A New Function

(Oh hey, this novel actually got 1k views somehow. Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy it.)

===

[Dome Breaker] Complete, distributing reward...

...

Ownership of the small housing building is complete, the building status can be accessed on your [Smartphone].

A new affinity had been established. You have gained wind affinity. (This affinity cannot be detected in any way, only able to be observed from your actions.)

Forging experience has been organized, you can start the information transfer at any time. (Warning: Severe headache is to be expected during the transfer.)

===

The moment the panel appears, a gust of wind suddenly starts to flow around Ichor like a cocoon. As for Crimson, she flies up to the top of the couch to watch the entire thing unfold.

At the same time, he feels himself both falling and rising into the air, all the while his back is still stuck on the stationary couch. To say that he is currently disoriented is an understatement.

This only lasted for a second as the cocoon broke apart into the wind once more, flowing around the house and messing with everything that could be messed with by it.

But Ichor didn't care about it that much, as his focus was on the flowing wind that was moving like it was contained in a sphere above him.

"Wow."

Like a curious cat, he starts to move it around and change the shape into whatever comes into his mind. He even tries to make it look like other objects, but only manages to turn the sphere into a small pencil at most before it breaks down into its free-flowing form.

"Huh, this wind element is coming from <Elemental Emulation>?"

Realizing this, Ichor makes [Thaumiel] appear around his left hand and then starts to output vitality from his fingers like a flare stack. After he manages to create a small and stable flow of vitality coming out of them, he changes the vitality on each of his fingers to different types of mana.

Burning Orange, Flowing Green, Revitalizing Red, Holy White, and Untainted Gray. 5 types of mana that Ichor can use are now activated at once, each has its own mana structure that could destabilize if they are flowing parallel to each other. But here, all 5 of them are as stable as a mountain, lacking any destabilization that could appear from such a feat.

"This is easier than I thought."

For other mages or mana users, flowing just two different types of mana on the same path is a tall order to do, as they would have to isolate the mana somehow without affecting the flow itself. Those who can do it are considered a master of mana control, whose talent will bring them far to the path of mages.

But for Ichor, it's different. Despite how it looks to the outside observers, he is actually changing the vitality that has already flowed out of his fingers into different types of mana.

Since the source of this feat is that the vitality conversion is happening outside of his body, he doesn't have to worry about the isolating mana stuff at all.

"Hmm, there's something else here too."

After a bit of checking, Ichor finds that the Wind affinity also gives him an extra ability for him to mess with.

This ability in particular is that he can now control the vitality that he emits out to the surroundings. This only works if the medium the vitality is in is air and this only works if it only had been out of his body for less than a second, but it's more than enough for him to work with right now.