Chapter 6: Affinity Test

"Another 150 coins spent on a guide..."

Buzz?

"Nothing, Crimson. Just kinda worry about my spending here."

Ichor sighed as he watched his now 800 coins in the bank.

He had spent 50 coins to buy the guide regarding medical practices, and now he spent 150 more on a guide about elemental affinities.

The guide essentially acts as a beginner's help to remember the general information regarding every affinity in this world, which ranges up to the 4 Basic Elements to Light and Dark to Space and Time to even things like Curses or Fate.

But Ichor didn't buy it for that entire dictionary of knowledge however, he only cared about the Life affinity in particular.

After all, even if he didn't have the affinity for it, he still needed to fake it to hide the strangely powerful <Minor Heal> skill. He doesn't feel like doing it that much, but better safe than sorry.

Besides, the effect of the skill is indeed the real thing, so it wouldn't be that troublesome to kinda brush over it when being asked about it.

Buzz!

"Hey! I'm good with my money, okay? I even got a small saving under my name since I was 15."

Buzz? Buzz?

"I have it for 3 years now... and around 200 bucks in it."

...Buzz Buzz?

"... You don't even know how money works..."

...Buzz.

Anyway, the guide itself seemed to have its own understanding of 'general', since some of the knowledge feels like it is not general at all.

Essentially, the element of Life is the manifestation of well... Life itself. This granted those with the affinity toward it to practically play a dumbed-down version of God against all lives around you.

You can control the vitality of the lives around you, giving or taking it from them as you wish. This is not something you can just do without being at a certain strength, but normally, it's pretty much the natural course for the element to be used like so.

The Life element is also loved by the world they are in, as they pretty much act as an amplifier for the world to reinforce itself. The process itself is unclear, but it seemed to be related to the wielder's innate ability to purify the vitality within themselves.

This meant that those with an affinity toward Life are essentially quasi-hero based on luck alone, as they are quite good at finding things that will help them grow stronger and dodge any danger beyond their level.

It did say that those with Life affinity tend to die young, however. But there is a note under the guide that says that Ichor didn't need to worry about it, so it's alright?

Also, the elements of Life and Death are technically at the same level as Space and Time. The difference is that the former are the 'main' elements of existence, while the latter are the 'sub' elements.

It's a bit too complicated why it is, and the guide itself is not helping at all. Just know that an existence can technically exist without Space and Time, but that is not the same with Life and Death.

Buzz!!

"Oh, we're here already?"

Ichor looked at the massive church in front of him.

Aside from being made from some kind of marble and being massive as heck, the church itself looked to be very holy for what it is.

"This looked a bit like St. Peter Church..."