Chapter 32: Words From the Heart

"Hey Lily, how's your day?"

Ichor looks at the person who had opened the door, her head peeking from the side like she was trying to survey the room in front of her.

From the looks of her face, she is currently very surprised at the sight in front of her. It's normal though, as she is now looking at the room covered in plant lives when most plants inside this wall grow on a pot or something similar to it.

Chuckling at Lily's reaction, Ichor calls out to her.

"Come on in, it's not like you're a stranger anyway."

He urges her to come inside, which she reluctantly accepts. It's at this point that he can see what's she wearing right now.

'Huh, it's a lot more normal than I thought.'

Right now, she is wearing a thick, green robe with some kind of runes woven into it that covers most of her body. But there's still enough space in front to see that she's wearing a long-sleeved shirt and a knee-long skirt under it, both being red in color.

'She seemed to be in a frontline healer... or mage?'

Seemingly unable to see Ichor's looks toward her, Lily walks into the room and closes the door. After that, she walks toward Ichor before talking to him,

"I heard that you were awake from the others, so I came here to check you out."

'At a time like this?'

Ichor was sure that it is currently almost midnight even without taking his phone out to check the time. For her to come here instead of taking some rest for herself is quite a surprise for him.

"You can do it later after some rest for yourself, why are you doing it now?"

Hearing Ichor's question, Lily stops in place for a moment before making her way toward him.

"You have been in a coma for a week now, Ichor. I need to check you out in Dad's place in case you have any problem with your body because of what... happened before that."

Lily is clearly feeling guilty about making Ichor go beyond his limit to confirm something that she had guessed about. From the looks of things, she seemed to wish to make amend to it somehow.

Seeing that, Ichor simply lets her sit on the chair next to him(Which one of the healers who had sat there graciously got up for) and starts answering the questions about his current condition and feelings.

"Do you have any fever?"

"Nope."

"What about stomachache?"

"Never had it."

"Well, how-"

The questions continue on for a while, with Ichor answering her with his eyes closed and looking at the door the entire time.

Meanwhile, the other healers in the room are looking at both of them in confusion, clearly not knowing about what to do next.

Quietly, they whisper to themselves, trying not to draw attention to them.

"Psh! You think they are dating each other?"

"Why did you think of that? And why are you asking me?"

"Looks at how casual they are with each other. I don't know about you, but it seemed like she's using the pretext of 'checking' him to have some time together."

"What about the second question he asked, man?"

"Dunno, this guy looked like he is dating someone. So I thought that he had the experience to deal with this somehow."