Chapter 34: An Unusual Morning

""...""

Ichor and Lily are currently sitting with their back facing one another on a patient bed, seemingly trying to look at everything but each other for some incomprehensible reason.

Currently, it's barely over 5 am based on what Ichor's phone had told him. And because the inside of the room is well-ventilated and has its own heating system, both of them decided to put away their outer clothing and just walk in their normal outfit instead.

Ichor no longer has his winter coat on, showing his white long-sleeved shirt which seemed to flutter slightly under his own attempted restained aura. This meant that Crimson had to rest on his shoulder instead of her favorite spot, much to her displeasure.

As for Lily, her green mage robe is now inside her spatial pouch, showing her medium-sized bosoms and fairly curvy figure under the red long-sleeved shirt and skirt she was wearing the night before.

But what's the most interesting part about both of them is the fact that Lily is holding onto Ichor's wrist right now. It might not have the same effect as handholding, but it's close enough to make people wonder 'What the heck happened between them?' without a doubt.

"So... Mind telling me why you're doing this?"

"Well!- I was just worried that you would go and tell people what happened last night."

"Context, Lily."

"Huh?"

"Never mind, don't worry about it."

Ichor sighed to himself as he took a sip of water from a cup that Double had flown for him just now.

'If Mr.Sam sees this, then I guess I can prepare for my funeral early, huh?'

He did not doubt that as a father, Sam would grill him alive somewhere where his scream would disturb no one in the area. But since they knew each other quite well, he might get a quick death for his trouble...probably.

If there's anything that happened to work in his favor, it's that most of the tears shed were absorbed by the coat and robe, leaving next to zero stains on the clothes under it. Or else, it might be an awkward conversation to have with curious people about what happened last night.

"I was wondering, you seemed to be fine after what happened back there?"

Once Lily got her drink from Double and emptied half of it at once, she started questioning Ichor.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You don't seem to be particularly embarrassed or shy about it. From what I've seen, you seemed to be used to it."

"Ah..."

Ichor realized what she meant by that.

'Guess being embarrassed by that is normal, I guess?'

Thinking back, most people would start screaming out or still being in shock at what they had seen the first moment they opened their eyes, not like him who was shocked for a minute before calming down like nothing happened just now.

"Well, I'm good at controlling my emotions believe it or not."

"... You don't look like you can."

"I really do! I can even do it when I have to deal with double the embarrassment I had here."

"?"

"Your hand. Your embarrassments are flowing to me through them like crazy, you know?."

"!!!"

Lily is surprised at the knowledge and pulls her hand back in a single moment.

"... Ow?"

Ichor looks at her for a moment before lifting his wrist and starts messaging it as if it was injured due to her action just now. However, his thoughts would beg to differ.