Her expression stiffens "I know what lies ahead and I will face it head on with compassion, strength and perseverance because I refuse to allow anything" She meets the Elder's eyes, ensuring every word stuck, deep
"Or anyone seperate me from My king and mate"

Audrey turns to leave and in that moment Elijah walks in. He takes notice of the tense atmosphere and Audrey's sagging features but says nothing on it which she is thankful for.

"Your Majesty, the noble women are here to have dinner with you. It has been arranged in the garden"

"They await your presence"

"I will be there shortly" she responds and Elijah walks out of the room. "I trust that you can see yourself out Elder, it is always a pleasure to sit with you" and with that Audrey leaves.

"The pleasure has been all mine" but the words of the Elder reaches no ears.

The sound of heels slap against the tiles, echoing throughout the castle, the rustling of fabric and gentle chime of jewelry that hung around her neck filling the halls with presence. Distant chatter and giggles can be heard on the other side of the walls as Audrey makes her way to the garden. It had taken her by surprise to hear that the women of High born nobility wished to have dinner with her in the castle. Although she was not quick to get ahead of herself, she knew there were just trying to cope with the changes and wanted to associate themselves with the Empress in waiting in order to win favor. Elijah had warned her all about them, sharks he called them.

            The rumors that Audrey must be performing some kind of black magic on Darius had not failed to reach her ears. It was expected, the people were restless and confused, they wanted answers. It is the first time they will have an Empress so their lack of composure would be normal. All she hoped was her presence would not be met with disdain and rejection rather with eagerness and the usual initial distrust for she didn't mind having to gain their trust. And now as she walked out into the garden and her gaze landed on the four women already sitted, whispering to themselves, she began to feel a trickle of fear slowly trail down her spine and settle in the depths of her bones.

They did not look so menacing but something about them left her with an uneasy itchy feeling. She gulped down nervously, trying her best to calm her racing heart and compose herself. She was the Empress in waiting, now was the time to act like it. She hastened her steps and the more she inched closer the more the whispers quieted down into nothing more than cold, harsh silence.

"Your Majesty" they all greet, rising to their feet to curtsy. Audrey smiles in response, greetings them warmly before she asks them to take their seats again.

Cautiously she sits down, noticing how all eyes were now on her. Who would speak up first? She wondered as they all seem to do nothing but observe her.

"We are so grateful to your majesty for accepting us into your castle. We are greatly pleased" one of the ladies speaks up, her hair was braided and styled to perfection like she was going for a ball, her dress going with it perfectly, the materials were the latest in the market. She looked poised and elegant, everything Audrey herself aspired to be and she couldn't help but admire her.

"I am pleased as well. I would love to get to know each one of you" Audrey exchanges glances between the four women, waiting for one of them to speak up.

"Please grant me the honors to introduce everyone" the woman who first spoke takes charge "I am Marchioness Cordelia Vladimir, my husband is the Marquese of Austaria" she gestures to the woman on her right who had peculiar red curls that seemed foreign to Audrey's eyes, her pale blue icy gaze also added to her distinct look. She didn't look like she was from here. The woman directed a smile towards Audrey, her smile lines becoming very prominent "This is Demeter-"