{Plot 1} •Chapter ✠FÌFTÈÉN

ꕥ𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘ꕥ

I watched Faye intently as she chopped the vegetables into little pieces and added them to the pan that sat on fire. I never took an interest in learning how to cook when I was younger, mother always tried to engage me in kitchen chores but I hated them. She would always ask me, "One day when you get married to your mate and he's hungry what would you cook for him if you don't learn how to cook!?"

I was too young to read any meaning into it, my response was always "If he's hungry he'll make something for himself. He wouldn't need to, I would be more than enough for him mama". Immediately after I said that mother would get so annoyed she would chase me around the kitchen with the spatula in her hand. Giggles spilled from my lips as I diverted, running straight into my father's outsretched arms.

He would pick me up, spin me around and throw me over his shoulder just to hear my giggles once again. He settled me on his hip, flicking my nose making me snort as I pushed his hand away.

"You're troubling your mother again aren't you princess"

I giggles again, stealing a glance at my mother's approaching form. "She's going to hit me papa" I squealed, trying my best to wiggle out of his grip but he held me firm.

"Audrey!" Mom called out, stumping towards us.

Dad and I exchanged frightened looks as we waited for mom to come forward.

"Can  you imagine your daughter!?" Mother asked father, glaring down at me once he put me down

"Yes she's very pretty and the best charades player ever" he cheered, high-fiving me.

"You spoil her so much" mother sighed, shaking her head at the both of us.

"If I don't who else will" he smiled, pulling mother in to place a lingering kiss to her neck, making me scream and run off covering my eyes.

Ever since I became an Omega it wasn't a question asked that I had the liberty to say yes or no to. If I wanted to survive I had to, it was always to survive, all of it. Mother always dreamed of me meeting my mate, she would tell me the feelings to expect, what to look out for and how wonderful it would be when we acknowledged it to each other and the mate bond would start taking effect. It was almost comical how my situation turned out so bad. Neither of us saw this coming, everything was just wrong, nothing like mother dreamed it to be.

I couldn't help the lone tear that slid down my cheek. It should have been different, I should be in the kitchen right now watching mother cook and not here, in the King's palace, my mate's palace. The realisation that Darius was my mate still didn't sit right with me. I am an omega and he the king of our kind, it's impossible that we were fated to be. I was nowhere near queen material, I couldn't even do basic things properly.

Mom would be so disappointed in me if she were to see me like this. I felt horrible, guilty that I had attempted to let myself die back there. I knew what was happening to me, the wolfsbane was acting up. Nobody knew apart from the Alpha that all Omegas were fed little bits of wolfsbane in their food every single time they ate. We knew, all of us knew but nothing could be done. The Alpha did it so when we were punished we couldn't heal fast or our wolves wouldn't have enough energy to run away. I didn't need to bother about it seeing as I wasn't a wolf myself.

It was still one big mystery why I wasn't a wolf. Both my parents were wolves, mother was of Alpha blood so it made no sense why I didn't shift once I turned 17. Two years later and I had given up hope. I ruled it out to be that my grandparents may have been half breeds or something. Even still I was given wolfsbane like every other Omega, unlike them as a human the effects were way worse. I didn't intend to feel this way but leaving here would mean I would be free for Hunter to take and I never wanted to go back there- never.