{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXXI

𝘼𝙐𝘿𝙍𝙀𝙔 🦋

"Oh.. I think our queen has been properly bedded!" Greer cheered, chuckling hysterically as my cheeks burned.

So we were that loud.

"W-what do you mean by that?" I ask, feigning ignorance.

"Oh you know" Orchid wiggled her brows playfully "Everyone knows" they all burst out laughing, leaving me to bury my face in my hands in embarrassment.

"Okay, enough please" I cry

We were currently seated in my chambers, enjoying tea. Greer and Orchid failed to stop themselves from teasing me about last night. If only I had known they would torture me like this I would have avoided this conversation till our carriage left for Brailer.

But now I was stuck and no matter how I tried to escape they were not having it and the managed to bypass my every meagra attempt.
"I've seen the capital city before and I can assure you my Lady, it is breathtaking so you will with no doubt enjoy yourself" Greer smiled, sipping her tea.

"Yes my lady, there are also many scholars there to help smoothen your transition to Empress and Queen of Bludhäven. You're in very good hands" Ruby added, her warm smile comforting me.

"Are you all going to be accompanying me?" I ask, looking between Greer, Orchid, Ruby, Faye and Lady Monica.

"Unfortunately your majesty, we cannot" Faye answered, her gaze avoiding mine.

"But why? I would need all of you there to be with me" my brows creased, worry crashing onto my features and cold anxiety sipping into me.

"We really wish we could my lady, but we will be needed here to start preparations for the Royal wedding. It would be the first in centuries and it would be no small feat" Faye smile sullenly.

"But don't worry, there are going to be maids and other castle ladies there to attend to your Highness so you do not need to fret" Ruby added in an attempt to console me.

I mustered a smile, "I will miss you all very dearly"

I reach forward, holding Faye and Greer's hands and squeezing tightly. I soaked in this memory, capturing everything I could; the fragrance of flowers that filled the air, the warm affectionate smiles that were carved on everyone's lips, the sad look that disturbed their eyes, the color of dresses each of them wore because I knew it would be a long while before I saw them again, how long? I wasn't aware but what I was sure of was I was going to miss them dearly.

I had never gone through something like this- being the first queen and Empress of a people who have never had one before. It felt weird, terrifying and exciting all at once. I didn't know what to expect of the scholars or what they would be teaching me but one thing I knew was I had to learn as much as possible, as fast as possible. There was a standard set because of Darius as he is king so I would be expected to match his expertise, skills and intelligence in ruling. I would stand by his side and rule with him, to make difficult decisions for the welfare of the kingdom, to delegate for both the commoners and nobles and represent both parties interests when it comes to making important decisions for the kingdom.

It was all a lot but I had one reassurance that settled all my nerves and made all anxiety dissipate, the only reassurance I needed and lived for: Darius, my king, my husband. I knew what ever happened, come hell or high waters he would be by my side and remain with me through it all. I just needed to put in my all and do my best. We finished up with tea and proceeded to the front steps of the castle, Darius as well as the elders all lined up to bless us on our departure.

My eye spotted the Oracle and it was the first time I had seen her in a long while. Noticeably she looked different, her hair looked longer and her features sagging and exhausted, different from the fresh, renewed look she once carried around. I began my decent down the stairs as the coach men helped load my and Darius's luggage into the carriage. I watched on as the elders seemed to be speaking in hushed tones about something and when they spotted me they stopped, resuming their erect stances- well as erect as old men could stand.