{Plot 3}• CHÃPTÉR IV

𝙒𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

Ryker saunters into the room hastily, his hand on his sword holster and the other tightly holding a piece of parchment. He stops before Darius' study room table, the large mahogany covered with a map that fell down the edges.

"What do you have for me Ryker?" Darius asked, acknowledging his second in commands presence without rising from his bent over position on the table. He had a large hand on his jaw, scratching at his stubble distractedly as his piercing onyx eyes registered the intricate lines on the map that was before him, momentarily moving little miniature guards around.

"Lord Odin was seen leaving the castle in haste, he most have gotten the letter and intended to leave in the dead of night undetected" immediately the words left his lips Darius had stood straight to his full length, a sinister grin on his lips.

"He took the bait" he grinned, running a hand through his loose disheveled gold tendrils that dropped at his shoulders.

"Like a fish on a hook line your majesty" Ryker returned his amusement to the situation and how well their plan worked.

"Tell the guards to suit up and head out, I'll lead the search" Darius spoke confidently, pulling his sword holster over his shoulder and tying his hair into a man bun letting a few curls fall to frame his determined eyes.

"Go gracefully my king" Ryker bowed. "What should I tell the princess if she asks of your whereabouts?" He questions, making Darius halt in his movements.

"Tell my queen that I went for a hunting trip and I would be back in time for bed" without sparing another glance towards Ryker Darius set out, riding his horse with great speed and elegance as he let the rage he had tried to keep at bay bubble through his veins and engulf his heart in a vengeful flame that Phoenix responded to with glee.

^^

Distant laughter and chatter from old drunk officials can be heard in the background, their heads in the clouds and their senses fogged with wine and rum. The night is a starless one, the moon the only inhabitant of such a dark night. Unknown to her grace she is about to witness a horrific scene. Lord Odin emerges, his coat tightly rapped around him and a veil draped over his most in an attempt to conceal his identity.

He looked around, reaching into his pocket he pulls out his watch. Glancing down at the time his impatience grew with the minutes as he waited for Audrey to arrive. She calls me here yet she has the audacity to make me wait.

Footsteps could be heard behind him, their rythm hauntingly slow and calculated like that of a predator stalking up on his prey. The sound reached Lord Odin's ears and a dry chuckle eludes his lips, "Finally, you definitely took your time princess" he turns around, expecting to see the little butterfly he had caught in his web of deceit instead his eyes landed on a tall hooded figure that had emerged from the shadows.

The more he stared into this figure the more his heart raced. The face of said person could not be seen and the dark menacing aura made him feel like he was staring at death himself. "Who are y-" before he could get a word out the hooded figure with very swift strides had lunged at him, the dagger hidden under his cloak was tightly fitted in his hands extended, cutting precisely into the skin of the poor Lord's throat leaving his choking on his own blood.

The sight was gruesome, as Lord Odin fell to his knees, his hands around his neck as red crimson blood poured onto his hands and dripped down the length of his arms. In a second he was dead, his body falling limp into the hands of his murderer. The figure held firmly onto his dead body, pulling him along only to disappear into the shadows once again leaving the murder scene untouched and the moon as the only witness to the crime.