{Plot 2}• chàptér twélvê

💕💕💕💕ENJOY! 💕💕💕💕

"I won't have you feeling embarrassed love. It was our first intimate moment, I don't want you getting anxious or avoiding me like you did after we kissed. I should have come to talk to you but I wanted to give you time and space" he spoke, tracing the curves of Audrey's face, his eyes never releasing hers.

So he had noticed. She let out a shaky breath, "i-I'm sorry" she quietly apologized, her face falling to his buttons where her fingers currently fiddled at in a failed attempt to hide the indifference in her eyes and the anxiousness in her tone.

"You don't have to be sorry amica mae. I understand and I won't pressure you to do anything you don't want to but please you have no reason to feel embarrassed around me. I'm your mate. You also don't need to avoid me, if you need space you can just ask. And don't let anyone force you to do anything, if you ever feel like anyone here is belittling you or making you do anything against your will you tell me first, yes?" It wasn't a question, it was a direct order. His tone was sharp and his face stoic as he tried to get a read on her. He could tell the gears in her head were turning and if her hold on her bottom lip told him anything she was struggling to say something.

He shamelessly watched the action, his gaze shifting. Before he could register his actions his thumb had moved on its own. Trailing along her bottom lip he released it from her toothy grip, shaking his head in disapproval, "Don't do that love. If you have something to say speak. Don't be scared, you're a good girl, yes?"

Her heart fluttered and her lower abdomen heated up at his words. He must surely know what his words were doing to her, right? The way his eyes had begun turning gold told her what she needed to know. Darius could smell her arousal, smell the tension and the desire Audrey was emitting in waves. He could feel how her breath hitched after each words he uttered.

"I've lived for a very long time Audrey. You already know that and I've been to so many places and seen a lot of things. Evolution, creation, life cycles come and go, species die. I've seen this whole world be built up from the ashes of the old world, my time. But you must know that you are the only one who has managed to captivate all my senses and it isn't only because you are my destined soul mate but because the world transpired to bring us together and I would be damned if I let you go. You belong with me, and even if it takes me years to make you realise that then it's a good thing I'm immortal, yes?"

Tears had gathered in her eyes but Audrey willed them not to fall instead she settled for resting her head against his chest. The soft beating of her heart mixed with his was the most melodious sound she had heard. His fingers slipped into her scalp, slowly but tenderly treading through her curls.

"I can't change what happened in the past no matter how hard I want to but I can and I will do everything in my power to make your future better. You're beautiful and I can't express how utterly awestruck I am by you. If I have to I will use all of eternity to convince you that you are safe and loved. Let me protect you baby"
And as the words left his lips a line tear slipped down her cheek. His words had penetrated the walls around her heart and left no brick in place.

Her lips had parted but before she could get a word out her chamber doors came flying open, four ladies falling through. Four pair of wide eyes met Audrey's and when she realised what position she had been caught in mixed with the wide grins on Anaise, Orchid and Greer's faces she swiftly got off Darius's lap, stumbling in the process. He was quick to grab into her hip, steadying her flustered form. He turned to look at the four intruders and a growl threatened to tear through his lips but he instead shut his eyes tight and focused on the little kitten before him to calm both he and Phoenix down.