EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ 4

𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

•𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐡ä𝐯𝐞𝐧•

The palace had been busy, maids swarming the place trying to do their duties and make sure the Royal wedding was not lacking in anyway. High born noble men close to The King began to occupy the guests Wing in the palace, everyone giddy with anticipation and excitement.

It was the first Royal wedding ever and it had to be a grand affair, one that would be done a great disservice if squeezed into one day so the event was divided into three occasions taking place on three seperate days.

It had been two months since the Royal couple left for Bludhäven capital, the council of elders immediately taking charge of state affairs along with Ryker. The maids supervised by Ruby and Faye began to prepare the new Express's accommodations, transforming one of the rooms into her personal office on the same floor as the King's, close together. Anaise decided to busy herself as well, taking care of the kitchen duties, making sure all the stocks were complete and sufficient for the event, there needed to be more than enough to eat. She couldn't help but steal glances at Lord Ryker whenever he passed by, their eyes would meet for a few seconds and then she would bleach and direct her gaze away. It was a constant reoccurring pattern that had begun to irk her. It was like he was avoiding any encounter with her but at the same time trying to draw her closer with his subtle glances and suggestive gaze.

All this hastle for a man she was unsure was her mate? What if he turned out not to be and all her time would be for nought. She had to find out herself. Astrid on the other hand had gone home to visit their parents and inform them of her plans to win over the King's favor, hopefully their parents would tarnish and disapprove her efforts and things would not have to get worse than they already are. Anaise was unaware of what her sister planned to do for the wedding or before it but she knew it wouldn't be good. She had been too quiet, too idle and whenever Astrid was quiet it always meant trouble.

Anaise would watch her sister meeting up with some of the council men in secret at one of the less occupied hallways, their voices always low in guarded hushed tones. Whatever Astrid had planned it was definitely going to be big and destructive. She was yet to share any of her plans with Anaise yet the breadcrumbs of information she had gathered was enough to let Anaise know the wedding days would be the hours of reckoning. Unlike anything she had ever experienced Anaise's conscience was unforgiving and ruthless, thoughts of what Astrid planned to do swarming her mind every waking moment.

What if she tried to kill Audrey and succeeds? What if she gets caught and they will both be executed for treason against the crown. The Royal couple would be returning for the wedding in three weeks time and that meant Astrid had that much time to execute her plans, whatever they were.

"Lady Anaise, dear please come here" Faye calls Anaise into the main halls where servants were propped up on ladders, throwing around decorations and others lining the walls with bedazzled jewels and crystal decorations. This would certainly be the events of the century.

Anaise strolls up to her, noticing the large chest she held in her hands "Yes Madame Faye?"

Faye places the chest in Anaise's hand and the weight catches her off guard, resulting in her almost falling forward. She huffs, balancing the chest on the ground close to her feet.

"I need you to please go to the crownsmith and retrieve Audrey's crown. The crownsmith had been working on it for quite a while now and it is finally ready, just in time as well. You would go to him in the town and put it in this here chest and lock it, when you get back it will be moved. Lord Ryker will accompany you"