{Plot 2}• chäptēr føurtéèn

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘💝

"Is there anything else you need princess?" My new personal maid Helena asked for the umpteenth time today.

Honestly I couldn't count how many times she'd asked that one question. She was one of the three maids Darius assigned to wait on me hands and foot.

"No thank-" I cut myself off with a sneeze, the nasal liquids landing in my napkin that I had fisted in my hands at all times.

"More napkins, got it" she nodded, talking to herself as she walked into the closet.

I groaned, throwing my head back into the piles of pillow that were stacked behind me. Don't get me wrong I loved them, they had so much stuffing and they were so soft. It helped with the head aches I had been getting as a result of my continuous sneezing. Candles were lit everywhere to keep the temperature as low as possible and all the windows were shut, restricting my beautiful view. It wasn't like I could even get to my window seat, before I'd make it two steps a maid would come running in looking like she had just seen my dead body.

They were all so dramatic. I wasn't dying I just had a cold. It had been going on for the past five days now, the pack doctor said it would last for a few more days and we should keep up with the treatments and that meant more pampering, a lot more. The one person I actually wanted to pamper me had been unavailable. I hadn't seen Darius in two days now, I missed him. I would wake up to huge bouquet of flowers at my bed side every morning with a lovely little note in them and a piece of strawberry cake. They brought tears to my eyes and more liquid to my nostrils.

I really wanted to hug him if I could at all see him. Ryker had stopped by yesterday to see how I was doing. I couldn't stop myself from asking about Darius right away and his exact words were "He's been very busy with the upcoming season. But I promise to try lift some work off his shoulders so he can come see you soon"

"Trust me he misses you a lot more than you do him" he added with a chuckle.

I remember my cheeks warming up at the thought. I did miss Darius, I missed his scent, his warmth, the sense of security and love he gave me. I couldn't deny I had fallen hard for the king, my mate. I wanted to tell him how I felt but I didn't know if it was the right time. I wanted to tell him everything- about Lord Odin and about my past and just get it off my chest. The guilt had been eating me up inside and it left no crumbs. I did love him, but was it enough?

I sighed deeply, turning my head to the side to gaze at the new bouquet of dandelions that sat beside my bed yet again. Propping myself on my elbows I pulled out the note from one of the flowers and smiled as I let my eyes wander over the familiar cursive writing.

~"The sun has set yet again amica mae, yet my world wouldn't be bright until I see your face. I count the hours I have to work and be without you and it kills me, I'm dead and I need you to come wake me up. Just the mention of your name and watch me rise from the dead. I miss you so much baby, be a good girl for me and I will see you soon"

~D

I pulled the letter to my chest, squeezing my eyes shut and imagining he was here with me. His strong arms around me, holding me so tenderly like I was fragile glass. His protective hands grabbing my hips and trailing sensual strokes up and down my skin. His hot breath against my throat, his nose tickling my cheek.
His spicy scent enveloping my senses and making me dizzy. Dark onyx eyes staring into my soul, leaving me bare and naked.
A shiver flew down my spine, making me snap my eyes open in time for Helena to come out of the closet with an arm full of napkins.

I tried to calm my ragged breaths, taking in deep breaths of air.

I was loosing it.

I gazed at the closed window, inhaling deeply. I missed the outdoors, I hadn't seen any of my ladies since the accident and I missed them. Could I really call it an accident? I couldn't really remember every detail, my memory was pretty foggy but what I could remember was the look on the older mans face when he broke the boat, it haunted me. I didn't accidentally drown, it was planned, orchestrated by someone. But why would the old man have anything against me? What did I do? Was someone else behind this?