{Plot 1} •Chapter◖ĒĪGHT

♡𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘♡

I fisted the sheets, my knuckles turning white. Frustration gnawed at my skin, making my head hurt and my brows furrow. I had become restless, after the tragedy that was our second encounter I had not seen his highness in a space of three weeks. I was beginning to think he wasn't going to come back but earlier today while I flipped through the pages of the book Faye had lent me she informed me his majesty would be coming to my chambers tonight.
For some reason I was quite anxious. Had I angered him with my confession? I wondered.

I was no longer as terrified as I used to be, It was clear he wasn't going to punish me, he had made it pretty obvious. For some reason I believed him, was it stupid of me? He was the King after all, if he actually wanted to hurt or get me killed he would have done so by now but the fact remained he hadn't. He had tried his best to assure me that I was safe here with him, the most powerful man that existed. I awaited his arrival, perched at the edge of the bed. I stared blankly at the door, thinking.

Up until now nothing was go in according to plan. I had revised it so many times in my head; serve at the ball, do well then be well on my merry way out of the Silver Moon Pack. I dreamt of finally being free, being able to draw in breaths of air without worrying I would be punished for acting out of term. The Crescent Springs pack was always the final destination on my list. They were one of the best packs, the wealthy and very respected pack was ruled by Alpha Kimberly. She was a feared warrior who reigned with respect and fairness. Everyone loved her and her legacy spread across the world. I was certain, no. I was positive, I would be granted a place in her pack upon arrival, but before I could I had to find a way out of my current situation.

I pulled my knees close to my chest, wrapping my hands around my legs. The king was the exact opposite of what everyone speculated him to be. He was meant to be harsh, wicked, cruel and ruthless but he was none of those things. He had been the nicest person I'd ever encountered.
Maybe if I remain on my best behavior he could help me get into Alpha Kimberly's pack, I thought. It wouldn't be a bad idea.

The heavy sway of the room door brought me out of my reverie. My gaze flickered to his approaching form as he sauntered in, taking up all the space in the room. Something about his presence was always so overwhelming and consuming. Wherever he stood he commanded the attention of others. I could feel how powerful he was and the fact that such a powerful man was standing in my presence had not yet registered in my mind. I sharply rise to my feet, keeping my eyes trained on the King. His dark gaze seemed to burn into my skin as they followed my every move. I fisted the smooth material of my night dress, feeling unusually nervous under his eyes.

"Y-your highness, good evening" I greeted meekly, my gaze fixated on his dark maroon robe.

"Evening Audrey dear. Sorry to have kept you waiting love but I had certain matters that demanded my attention" he explained, giving me more information that I deemed myself worthy to know. "If you don't mind taking a walk with me there is much to discuss" his hand held out he stared at me longingly, his tranquil pleads pulled me in so deep I found myself slowly nodding as I slipped my hand into his hesitantly. I gave him a weary smile, despite the uneasy feeling that gnawed at my insides. The tingles that surged through my fingertips mixed with the look of pure adornment in his eyes had me taken aback for a second. My little hand in his large one.

Darius slowly nods, gently bringing me to walk beside him as we exit the room. Silence bounces off the walls, welcoming us into her embrace.
I nibbled on my lip, nervously stealing glances at his majesty.
Would he reject my request? Why would he even help me? It's not like I was anyone important.. Thoughts like that washed over the shores of my mind as we walked through parts of the castle I had never seen before. I didn't expect to stay here long or else I would have loved a tour of the beauty that was his castle.