Sozin's Comet: The Old Masters

"Hey, I remember her," Sokka said as they watched June take a sip of her drink. "She helped you attack us!"

"Yup. Back in the good old days." Katara had to laugh. It felt like a lifetime ago Zuko, June, and Iroh attacked the abbey they'd been hiding in.

"Oh, great," June said as the group walked up to her. "It's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?"

Zuko scowled. "He's my uncle, and he's not here."

June smirked at Katara. "I see you worked things out with your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"I'm not his girlfriend!"

"Yet," Toph added helpfully.

"Ooh, I like you. So, what do you want? Not my help finding the Avatar, I'm assuming."

"Nope," Katara said. "We need to find Zuko's uncle."

"Hm, doesn't sound too fun."

"Does the end of the world sound more fun?"

---

"Nyla!" June threw the shirshu some meat and stroked him. "Who's my little snuffly wuffly?" Nyla tried to lick her and she dodged his tongue. "Whoa! Careful there." She turned to the team. "So, who has anything that belonged to her?"

---

Flies buzzed around the sandal. "You saved your uncle's sweaty sandal?" Sokka asked, his nose pinched.

"I think it's kind of sweet," Toph said.

June held up the sandal to Nyla's nose and the shirshu sniffed it and bounded off. 

"Hey, wait up!" Zuko yelled.

---

"We're going to Ba Sing Se?" Rina asked as Sang flew after Nyla.

Nyla started scratching at rubble that had once been part of the Outer Wall. "Your great-grandmother's somewhere beyond that wall. Nyla's getting twitchy, so he can't be far. Good luck."

June and Nyla ran off.

Zuko sighed. "It's been a long day. Let's camp and start our search again at dawn."

---

Three months ago

To say she was annoyed was a bit of an understatement. Rina had been dragged from her ceremony so her dad could teach her Pai Sho tricks.

Rohan put down a Pai Sho board. "I have a question for you. What is the most dangerous thing in the world?"

"I don't know. Firebenders?"

"Wrong. It's knowledge. In the wrong hands, knowledge could destroy the world. But in the right hands, it could save it."

"So...where are you going with this?"

"There's a group that ignores the lines of war to share knowledge. We have members both in the Fire Nation, and elsewhere. Your great-grandparents were members of this group, and on his mastery ceremony, they introduced my dad. And so forth."

A secret club sounded awesome, but Rina didn't really care about it too much. "What use can a book club do for me?"

Rohan smirked. "Our agents are everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere."

---

"Well look who's here."

Everyone started as their earth tent was torn away. They slowly turned to Bumi and several other old men, all dressed in blue and white robes.