Sang's Lost Days

A/N WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I rewatched the episode for this I need ice cream

Four weeks earlier...

"No!" Toph yelled as she struggled to hold up the spire. "Stop sinking!"

Sang tossed his head, sending one of the sandbenders flying. He slapped his tail and two sandbenders narrowly avoided getting hit. Tikaani gnawed at the ropes, but a wave of sand knocked him away.

Toph grunted. "Don't make me put this down!" Her sand wave missed.

"Put a muzzle on him!"

One of the sandbenders looped a rope around Sang's jaw, which he snapped. He lunged, and the sandbenders threw a weighted rope around his horns, pulling him down.

Another headbutt sent a sandbender flying into the air, and Sang rose up to fly away. Then ropes were looped around his legs and he crashed down.

Eight sandbenders held him down as they hooked him to a sand sailor, and then sailed away.

"I'm sorry, Sang."

---

Ghashiun lowered his mask. "Ransack his saddlebags. Who knows what treasures are stashed in there?"

Sang roared and the sandbenders stopped in their tracks.

"He's tied up good, he can't hurt you."

Sand landed in Sang's nostrils and he sneezed, knocking the sandbenders back and burying one of their boats in a dune.

"What's your father going to do when he finds out we lost a sand sailor?"

"Nothing. It was the one we stole from the Hami tribe. Did you empty the saddle?" The sandbenders gestured to the items on the ground. Changes of clothes, a whetstone, a box of bending scrolls. Nothing of use. "That's it? It's nothing but garbage! Ah, it doesn't matter. We'll still make a profit, selling him to those beetle-headed merchants."

---

The merchants appraised Sang, both of them wearing beetle-shaped helmets. "How's his temper?"

"Uh, pretty good."

Sang roared.

"Most of the time."

One of the merchants turned to the other. "They'll pay a fortune for him in Ba Sing Se."

"Alright. You've got a deal." He handed Ghashiun a chest. Then he harnessed Sang to a sled and they began to ride away.

---

"Sang! Sang!"

Rina!

Sang's eyes snapped open when he heard the whistle. He strained against his bonds, shaking the sled.

Ghashiun laughed as the sandbenders sailed away. "He's your problem now!"

"Wait, what?"

Sang's tail broke the ropes holding it down and he began to fly, dragging the sleds and skiffs along the sand.

"We need the shirshu spit darts!"

"Got'em! Ok, big fella, you're going to take a nice little snoozle." He fired his blowgun into Sang's foot. Instantly paralyzed, he dropped to the ground.

"Sang! No, NO!"

---

When Sang woke up, the first thing he saw was bars. Then he saw a man in Fire Nation garb.

"Oh, I understand you've had a rough time, lately. That's too bad. You probably felt that you had no choice to act outrageously, like a wild animal. But don't worry, you won't anymore. Because I am going to break you."