The Guru

Zuko yawned and woke up, feeling more at peace than he had in ages. "What's that smell?"

Iroh stirred a thick white paste in a pot. "It's jook. I'm sure you won't like it."

Zuko sniffed the pot. "Actually, it smells delicious. I'd love a bowl, uncle."

Iroh raised an eyebrow. "You seem different."

Zuko shrugged. "I finally know my destiny."

---

"I'm so excited!" Rina felt like screaming. "I'm finally going to see my family again! Well, I saw Ruhi and Malu and Nenzahn and Kasiri, but it's still not the same. What about you, Katara? Are you ready to meet this guru?"

"I'm ready to master the Avatar State, no matter what it takes."

Rina slid off Sang's back. "See you guys in a week, then. I'll miss you."

Katara waved and flew towards the Eastern Air Temple.

Rina took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. She heard a roar as two sky bison landed beside her.

Pepper and Kim Anh. She'd recognize them anywhere.

With her honor guard of sky bison, Rina walked into camp.

It reminded her so much of those early days on Whale Tail Island it hurt. Aunt Narure ran through her set of waterbending forms, giving Rina a brief nod hello before returning to her task. Ruhi and Seling raced by on air scooters, laughing. Anuri gave orders to a group of Northern Water Tribe men, looking like she was thoroughly enjoying herself.

Rina waved to all of them and steeled herself before entering the command tent. Her parents, Rohan and Kyoha, were discussing something with Meelo and Jinora.

Kyoha was the first to look up. Her eyes widened and she put a hand over her mouth. "Rina?"

Her voice thick with emotion, Rina managed to say, "Hi, guys."

---

"Look, Bosco! The Kyoshi Warriors are here to protect us! Aren't you excited?"

Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee, in full Kyoshi Warrior garb, knelt before the king's throne.

"It's been a difficult week for me. My most trusted advisor, Long Feng, and his Dai Li agents tried to take Ba Sing Se."

Azula lifted her head. "It's terrible when you can't trust the ones closest to you," she said smoothly.

"But there is good news. As we speak, the Council of Five is meeting to plan an invasion of the Fire Nation this summer, on the day of the solar eclipse."

Azula's eyes widened. "Really? Now that sounds like a fascinating and brilliant plan."

---

General How pointed to the map. "General Fong's base will serve as the launching points of the attack. In exactly two months, the army and the navy will invade the Fire Nation on the Day of the Black Sun." He moved three unit markers to Caldera, the Fire Nation capital.

Then Tikaani pounced on the red piece, knocking it across the table. "Or we could send Tikaani in to do the job," Sokka suggested. "Cause the..." The council members glared at him. "Sorry."

General How snapped the pieces upright. "All we need is the Earth King's seal in order to execute the plan." He gave the scrolls to Sokka.

"I'll get them to him right away."

---

The Eastern Air Temple was made of three spires, all linked by bridges. A man sat in the lotus position on a large dais.