The Boiling Rock Part One

"No one can make tea like Uncle, but hopefully I learned a thing or two," Zuko said as he passed around tea. "Want to hear his favorite tea joke?"

"Sure," Katara said.

Rina nodded. "I like jokes!"

"Bring it on," Toph agreed.

"Ok, so...Well, I don't remember how it starts, but the punchline is 'leaf me alone, I'm bushed!'"

Even Sang, Tikaani and Druk looked disappointed.

"Well, it's funnier when Uncle tells it."

"Probably because he remembers the whole thing." Malu took a sip of her tea.

Everyone laughed. "It's nice to get a chance to relax a little," Toph said. "It hardly ever happens."

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" Sokka whispered to Zuko.

"So what's up?"

"If someone was captured by the Fire Nation, where would they be taken?"

"What do you mean? Who was captured?"

"I just want to know where the invasion force might be."

Zuko frowned. "I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"Trust me, knowing would make you feel worse."

Sokka grabbed his arm. "Please, it's for Rina. You've got to tell me!"

Zuko sighed. "My guess is that her family was taken to the Boiling Rock."

"What's that?"

"The highest security prison in the Fire Nation. It's an island in the middle of a boiling lake. It's inescapable."

"So where is this place?"

"Why do you need to know? What are you planning?"

"Nothing. I just want to know."

Malu slid up to them. "It's in the middle of a volcano between here and the Fire Nation. We actually flew past it on our way here."

"Thanks, both of you. Knowing makes me feel better."

Zuko watched them suspiciously. "Sure it does."

---

Sang grunted as Sokka crept up to him. He shushed the sky bison and climbed into his saddle.

"Not up to anything, huh?"

Sokka yelped and fell to the ground. Zuko was standing there. He would've looked intimidating if there wasn't a baby dragon sitting on his head. "Fine, you caught me. I'm going to rescue the airbenders. Happy now?"

"I'm never happy."

Calm down, Angst Lord. "Look, I have to do this. The invasion plan was my idea. It was my decision to stay when things were going wrong. It's my mistake and it's my job to fix it. You won't understand, Zuko, I have to regain my honor."

Zuko raised an eyebrow. "Believe me, I understand. I'm going with you. How are you going there? On Sang? Prisons don't have bison daycares last I checked. We'll take my war balloon."

"Alright. Should we go."

"Not all of us." He pulled Druk off his head. "The Fire Nation isn't a very safe place for dragons right now. Stay with your mom. I'll be back soon."

Sokka would've been moved, but he was a little distracted by the fact that Katara had somehow become a mother.

---