The Blind Bandit

A/N IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!

Sokka examined the bag in the Gaoling marketplace. "It's pricey, but I really do like it."

"Then you should get it," Katara said. "You deserve something nice."

"I do, don't I?" He sighed. "But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't."

"Alright. Then don't."

She walked away, Rina and Tikaani following her. Sokka hesitated. "You know what? I'm going to get it."

Katara ignored him as she walked through the street. "Psst," a man hissed. "You like earthbending? You like throwing rocks? Then check out Master Yu's Earthbending Academy!" He handed her a flyer.

Katara flipped it over. "Hey, look! There's a coupon on the back! The first lesson is free!"

"Who knows?" Rina said excitedly. "This Master Yu could be the earthbending teacher you've been looking for!"

---

Katara wore an earthbending uniform as she looked past the boulder and faced the girl in front of her. The girl was a head shorter than her, but stood up straight and resolute. Katara did her best to copy her.

"Take your stances," Master Yu ordered.

Everyone took earthbending stances. Katara quickly shifted into position.

"Now strike as if you're punching through an opponent's head!"

The girl lifted her rock and threw it at Katara. It knocked her backwards into a pot.

Master Yu hovered over her. "So, are you ready to commit to more lessons? If you pay for the whole year in advance, I'll bump you up to the next belt!"

---

"He's not the one," Katara reported, brushing dirt from her hair. Two boys walked past her.

"I think the Boulder is going to win back the belt at Earth Rumble VI!"

"He's gonna have to fight his way through the best earthbenders in the world to even get a shot at the champ."

Rina's eyes widened. "Excuse me, but where's this Earth Rumble VI?"

"It's on the island of Noneoya. Noneoya business!" the other boy laughed.

Katara rolled her eyes while Sokka laughed, his new bag at his side. "Oh, I've got to remember that one."

Rina looked dejected, and Katara smiled. "Don't worry. I'll take care of this." She ran after the boys. "Hey, strong guys! Wait up!"

"What was I thinking?" Sokka whispered, holding up the bag. "I don't need a new bag. Why'd you let me buy this?"

---

"Come on," Katara said. "We're going to Earth Rumble VI."

"How did you get them to tell you?" Sokka asked.

Katara smiled and flipped some hair out of her eyes. "A girl has her ways."

Meanwhile, in an alleyway, two boys shivered in their icy prisons.

---

"Hey, front row seats," Rina said as the three sat down in the stadium. "I wonder why no one else is sitting here."

A moment later, a boulder crashed into the seat next to them, showering them with debris.

A pillar of earth rose out of the ground, a man standing on top of it, his face obscured by long black hair. "Welcome to the Earth Rumble VI! I am your host, Xin Fu!"