The Ember Island Players

A/N I asked my friend what Rina's EIP portrayal should be. I'm sorry, guys.

Zuko and Katara both lunged and blasts of fire erupted from their palms. They kicked and punched the air, bolts of flame hitting every target.

Toph and Rina clapped. "Doesn't it feel weird that we're hiding from the Fire Nation in the Fire Lord's own vacation home?" Rina asked.

"I told you, no one has come here since our family was actually happy," Zuko said. "And that was a long time ago. This is the last place anyone will think to look for us."

Then Sokka and Suki ran towards them. Sokka held up a poster. "You're not going to believe this. There's a play about us!"

Suki nodded enthusiastically. "We were just in town and we found this poster!"

Katara examined the poster. It showed her, Sokka, and Rina in bending stances with Zuko looming behind them. His scar was on the wrong side. "How is that possible?"

Sokka flipped the poster over. "'The Legend of the Avatar' is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu On Tim, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

"Brought to you by the Ember Island Players," Suki finished.

"Ugh." Zuko made a face. "I used to see them all the time when I was younger. They butchered 'Love Amongst the Dragons' every year."

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend plays about ourselves?" Katara asked.

"Come on, a day at the theater? This is the wacky time-wasting nonsense I've been missing."

---

Rina and Zuko pulled on hoods, and then they sat down in one of the private boxes in the back.

"Why are we sitting in the nosebleed section?" Toph complained from her place next to Katara. "My feet can't see a thing from down here."

"Don't worry, I'll tell your feet what's happening," Katara promised.

The six leaned forward as the curtains opened and a prop of a canoe rowed across the stage.

The first thing Katara noticed about her actress was that she was a little more...robust. And that her dress was kind of revealing. But hey, she didn't really care about how she looked. Sokka pointed to himself and her and they both grinned.

'Katara' sighed dramatically. "Sokka, my only brother, we constantly roam these icy South Pole seas, and yet never do we find anything...fulfilling."

'Sokka' shrugged. "All I want is a full feeling in my stomach. I'm starving!"

The audience laughed politely. The Water Tribe siblings looked at each other in disbelief.

'Katara' sighed even more dramatically. "Is food the only thing on your mind?"

"Well, I'm trying to get it out of my mind and into my mouth. I'm starving!"

"This is pathetic," the real Sokka hissed. "My jokes are way funnier than this!"

Toph laughed. "I think he's got you pegged."

'Katara' stood up, which is something you should never do in a canoe, ever. "Every day, the world awaits a beacon to guide us. And yet none appears. Still, we cannot give up hope, for hope is all we have, and we must never relinquish it, even in our dying breaths." She started sobbing.

"Well that's just silly. I don't sound like that."

Toph laughed even harder. "Oh man, this writer's a genius!"