The Earth King

A/N We're so close to the finale!!!

Rina's tears had mostly dried, but she was still sniffing from time to time. "I missed you more than you'll ever know, buddy."

Sang licked her.

Sokka cracked his knuckles. "Look, we escaped the Dai Li, we got Sang back, I'm telling you, we should go to the Earth King now and tell him our plan. We're on a roll."

Katara raised an eyebrow. "One good hour after weeks of trouble isn't a roll."

"We can build on it. If we want to invade the Fire Nation when the eclipse happens, we'll need the Earth Kingdom's support."

"What makes you think we'll get it?" Toph asked. "I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go smoothly for our little gang."

"I know, but I've got a good feeling about this! This time will be different."

"Sokka," Katara tried, "Long Feng is in control of the city. His conspiracy with the Dai Li is too powerful. I think we should keep flying and leave this place behind us."

"I'm with Sweetness. I've seen too much of Ba Sing Se, and I can't even see!"

"But now that we have Sang back, there's nothing stopping us from telling the Earth King the truth about the conspiracy and the war," Rina pointed out.

"See? Rina's with me. It's the whole reason we're here. We've got to try."

Katara shrugged. "Well, I guess if the Earth King knew the truth, things could change."

Toph frowned. "I don't trust the new, positive Sokka. Long Feng brainwashed you, didn't he?"

Sokka narrowed his eyes and pointed to three Earth Kingdom ships in the distance. "The Dai Li are searching for us."

Katara smirked. "Then let's fly."

---

"Can we please buy a new saddle?" Toph pleaded as they flew through the air. "Riding bareback is terrifying!"

The palace was a massive complex surrounded by a large wall. "There it is," Sokka said. "That whole thing is the palace. The Earth King's chambers should be in the center."

"We have to be careful," Katara warned. "Long Feng's probably warned the king that we're coming."

"Why would you assume that? I think we're going to sail right...Aah!" Sang dodged a massive burst of stone.

"What was that?" Toph yelled.

"Surface to air rocks! More incoming! Gah!" Sang managed to dodge each one. Katara narrowed her eyes as more stones approached. A rock the size of Sang neared them, but Katara shattered it with a simple backhand.

On the ground, an Earth Kingdom commander signaled scores of soldiers behind him. Rina leapt down from Sang's head to face the commander. She struck the ground with a blast of wind so powerful that it knocked all the troops back. She easily knocked the commander off his ostrich horse, which fled in terror.

Toph jumped down to join Rina. Rina fired blast after blast of air while Toph turned the circle of earth they stood on.

Katara cracked her water whip around. With a single move, Toph bent the steps on the stairs backwards, pinning the soldiers running down the stairs to the ground.

"Sorry!" Katara yelled as the team ran past. "We really need to see the Earth King!"

More troops were running towards them, lifting a pair of badgermole statues into the air. Sokka looked up right as a statue was about to land on him. Working in unison, Toph and Katara bent a barrier of stone.