Chapter Nineteen: Ninjago City

Third Person (Lloyd Pov, show)

Lloyd woke up to Kai poking him in the head.

"Wake up sleepy head," Kai watched as Lloyd sat himself up.

"Ugh, remind me to never sleep on the floor again."

"Sorry bro, snooze you loose." Kai reached and helped Lloyd up who rubbed his eyes.

Lloyd looked around at the busy kitchen. All their counterparts had stayed the night so they would be there when they left. Jay was talking to his counterpart. Lloyd's counterpart was talking with his mom in the corner. Nya, Zane, and Cole were all talking together in a group with their counterparts along with Kai's counterpart.

Zane was keeping the realm crystal safe. Lloyd had decided it was better off in his hands not his.

"We should leave in about thirty minutes. We don't want to stay much longer, Ninjago needs us." said Lloyd.

------------

Jay's copy looked at Nya's copy fondly.

"You like her too, don't you?"

Jay's copy jumped at the sudden sound and looked behind him. Jay was standing there.

"Wha- I, I don't know what you're talking about," he said nervously.

"It's okay, I get it."

"Are you guys like a thing? I've seen you together," Jay's copy looked up at Jay with a suddenly nervous face. "N-not that I care, I mean why would I care if you were together?"

"Don't worry," Jay patted his copy on the back. "Nya and I have been through a lot, so yeah we're together."

Jay's copy physically relaxed. He glazed back over to Nya's copy watching her animatedly talk with her counterpart.

"You like her too." It wasn't a question. Jay looked at his counterpart with knowing eyes.

His counterpart nodded in defeat. "How'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Get Nya to like you?"

Jay stopped for a second before looking his counterpart in the eyes.

"Just be you. No one else. Trust me." Jay patted his counterpart on the shoulder. "I learned that from experience."

----------------

"Lloyd," Zane tapped the green ninja on the shoulder. "We really should depart now."

Lloyd looked around at everyone in the room and nodded.

"Guys! We're leaving!" Lloyd pointed to Zane. "the realm crystal, Zane."

Zane took the crystal out of his little compartment in his chest where half of his heart resided and lifted the crystal, and as he did a giant portal opened big enough for six people.

Lloyd turned to his copy.

"You're lucky to have your mom," Lloyd's copy smiled up at Lloyd. "And always remember that being the leader takes time. You'll make mistakes, a lot of them, but learn from them and don't spend your whole time worrying over one mistake. I'll get easier, I promise." Lloyd smiled and stood next to his friends. They all waved one last goodbye before turning and disappearing into the portal.

-----------------

Lloyd opened his eyes slowly. He was standing in the monastery courtyard.

"Yes! Finally! We're home!" Kai yelled as he hugged Nya who was smiling.

"Who knew there were other versions of us?" said Cole.

"Do you think there are more?" asked Jay excitedly.

"I don't know about you but I don't want to find out." said Nya, pulling away from Kai.

A movement by the monastery doors caught the attention of Lloyd, who watched as the door opened and a familiar voice reached his ears.

"Oh my gosh! Where have you been!"

All the Ninja turned surprised except Lloyd. Misako had come running out of the monastery and hugged her son tightly.

Lloyd grind. "I missed your mom too."

"I've been worried sick! You all just disappeared without warning," Miakso had her hands on her hips, and a stern mom face on.

"Well do we have a story for you!" said Jay.

Misako took a deep breath and exhaled. "Inside. I think I'll need tea for this one."

--------------------(Movie)

The Secret Ninja Force watched as their counterparts disappeared through the portal.

"So what do we do now?" asked Jay.

"I want to learn spinjitzu!" yelled Kai and Cole.

"Yeah, let's go!" said Nya jumping on board. "I'm ready for some training!"

"We did not even eat breakfast yet!" said Zane, but it fell on empty ears as the rest of his friends had run out the door towards the warehouse. "Not that I eat food," He whispered.

Koko shook her head in amusement and Zane turned as if he just remembered she was there.

"I mean of course I need food," Zane started backing out of the house. "I am a totally normal human teenager, not a robot."

"Tell the rest of them to be back before dark!" Koko yelled after Zane as he turned and dashed out of the house.

-----------------

"You know I don't know why I trusted you to be a teacher," said Kai.

"I tried my best," said Jay.

"Yeah, all I achieved was dizziness," said Cole, throwing his hands in the air as he laid on the couch in the warehouse.

"Give it up you guys," said Nya.

A long comfortable silence filled the room.

"I wonder if we're ever going to see our copies again," said Nya suddenly. She looked deep in thought.

"I hope we do," said Cole.

"I am as well," said Zane.

"I don't know," said Lloyd, as he stood up on the couch in a dramatic heroic pose. "But I hope we will. And If they need help again, we'll be ready."

Thank you so much to everyone who made it this far. I really appreciate all of you. This took me so long to write, and I was thinking about making a sequel, but I still need to think about what the climax of that would be. ANYWAYS,

Love, Zaylia