Chapter Eighteen: Aftermath

Third Person (Show)

Nya held up her trident to stop a sword from slashing her face. Nya braced herself for the impact, but it never came. She slowly opened her eyes.

The sword had stopped a few inches away from her trident. The warrior's face suddenly morphed into confusion.

"Where am I?" The warrior reached their hand back and rubbed the back of their head only for their eyes to widen and take off the helmet.

The helmet revealed a woman with long blonde hair.

"Don't worry, it's okay now," Nya's copy said as she walked over to Nya.

The woman slowly turned around and started walking away, still a little flustered.

"The Lloyd's must have done it!" said Jay's copy.

"Wooooo!" yelled Jay pumping his fists in the air. "Finally!"

"Where are they?" Nya asked, looking up at the staircase where they disappeared.

A faint thunk of feet and someone else could be heard through the door. The door burst open showing Lloyd's copy holding Abaddon by the arm who then threw him in the room.

"Lloyd!" yelled Nya's copy. "You did it!"

"Where's our Lloyd?" Jay's eyes narrowed.

"Abaddon sent him through a portal," Lloyd's copy stuffed his hands in his pocket and pulled out the glowing blue crystal. "Here, I think you guys know how to use it better than I do."

Lloyd's counterpart threw the realm crystal to Nya who caught it.

"Again? Man Lloyd doesn't have good luck with this thing," said Jay trying to hold back a laugh. Nya smiled.

She held up the crystal and opened a portal. Nay stepped back as her green friend fell through.

"That's the second time!" Lloyd said. "Where's Abaddon?"

"Don't worry!" Nya said, patting Lloyd on the shoulder. "Your counterpart beat him."

Lloyd physically relaxed before he saw Abaddon lying on the floor.

"Well we should get him to the police," said Jay's copy.

"Copy that!" said Jay.

"I got him." Lloyd grabbed Abaddon's arms and pulled him upright. Lloyd forced Abaddon's hands behind his back, and Abaddon growled at him.

"Let's go." and Nya led the way down.

They weaved between all the people who were mind-controlled. They all had the same confused look and were pulling off armor. Some were collecting weapons.

At the bottom, they were met with blaring sirens and flashing red and blue lights.

"We'll take him from here," said one man with a stuffy beard. He flashed his badge and grabbed Abaddon's arms and shoved him into a van.

"Thanks, officer," said Lloyd.

The officer looked back at Lloyd suddenly confused.

"Uhh, is it just me, or are there two of you?" The policeman pointed between the two Lloyds. "You have doubles too!" and he gestured towards both Jay and Nya.

"It's a long story," said Nya, patting the policeman's shoulder conformingly.

They walked off together leaving the frazzled officer. They started heading back to where they had left their friends in a different battle. They shifted their way through people all trying to take off armor and all looking extremely confused.