Chapter 2. I knew it, something was wrong.

I don't know what was the cause for my strange and unnatural behaviour of silence,I  rarely kept my mouth shut, but immediately after we arrived home, i snuck into my room, shut the door and dived into the books of biology and chemistry, not because i was excited, but because I was desperate to distract my mind..Most people flee form those books, but me, as ironic as it sounds, found shelter in those inked pages. Frankly, I am a nerd, but a sneeky one, one that knows how to dress in hot outfits and hangs out with what seems to be hot people. Now, I am not completely a nerd, I do love getting good grades, but hardly ever do I tease a poor soul of their failure. In any case, I feel bad because of their failure and can't help but to smoulder in mine, which makes it even worse because somehow, i cant mange to control my facial expressions. God I hate being competitive. On the other hand, most of my friends are classic teenage brutes: complete followers of whatever nonsense is posted on instagram and quick to notice any change on whatever important person they choose to designate that power over. Like a quick brutish herd of sheep, once they get bored of something all they do is chew on more grass...or weed whatever they prefer. But even with that, i love them because the best times are always with them. Although, I can't say the same thing about Jane, nor Mary: they at least have a functional brain and know that grass tastes worse than it looks, trust me. I, on the other hand, appear to float around. I do get invited to parties, but I had never tasted alcohol.I basically Perreo sola to lord Bad bunny but always do i end up holding the hair and comforting those who got a little too drunk. I am the mom of the group, I know that someone needs to be the mom...and I am happy to be so. That is why i am not imprisoned in that stereotype, but that of sweet, delicate, baby ale.

Ugh.

A deafening ringing awoke me. As I uncovered my eyes with my palms I began to search my phone under the thousands of sheets of cellular models and redox calculations I had self designated myself with.

The phone rang again, trembling the table into a fretful earthquake that awoke me from my daydreaming.

After a quick and fondly desperate quest I found it and my eyes read under the greenish vibration: Sean.

The cloud cleared my landscape: a single dash of sunlight lighted my view and a small pounce of joy jolted across my body with the only reminder I would hear of my Freckled Sean.

"Hi! I'm so glad you called!" My excitement, unable to be contained, thrilled across my soul.

Sean, mahogany hair, hazel eyes, freckled face and baby skin. A kind boy, prey to the eye of many ladies yet undoubtedly, much idiotically, overlooked. My suspicion is that they were intimidated by his big brain. Sometimes I must confess, so am I, though he will never know it. To be truthful, he is one of the best huggers I have ever met, that being a stereotype wrongfully pinned on skateboarders, his big arms and soft skin fade into silk and when they embrace you a warm tingle drowns you into a semi-awake state: as a lovely dream that pulls you in and becomes addictive.

Like honey kissed my lips and my tongue would lick the crumbles... until they were gone.

Faded in his serene landscape.

His wild berry scent was a perfect ornament to a delightful state: being awake yet asleep, in plain sight yet hidden, roughness and tenderness all in one despite the fact there wasn't much wild to him. All the light there is to my heart being visible in one moment that does not last more than 8 seconds.

"Ale?" he stopped me. "Hey, I need to talk to you."

Okay? Was he okay? Has something happened? Because the voice I heard resembled nothing to the voice of my Sean. There was something sinister...something wrong. The feeling rose again, now climaxing, trembling in my core and expanding up to every fiber of my muscles, like an earthquake that had just reached my quivering lips.