Chapter 29. Who started the fight?

"Uf!" I screeched as I fell into an uncertain emptiness. My eyes shut open, my hands grasped over the material and grazed the floor. As to be expected, my clumsiness forced my body to escape from the comforts of bed and split my panicked lashes open. The fatigue, decorating the inferiority of my eyeballs with purple circles that cribbed my sight only accentuated the pain of falling over the bed. I arranged the sheets that called me, accommodated my t-shirt and searched for my left yellow sock through the hurricane of sheets.

"What happened?!" A coarse, exhausted voice jumped off the sheets and struck her eyes open, attempting to evaluate. "Oh, it's' you" and she, noticing my struggle, helped me by grasping my hand and pulling me back up...I smiled shamefully, anxious about her early wakeup.

She and I were the only souls awake, as awake as we could be with dark circles, yawns, long faces...and a wild mane. I laughed at her figure and she threw a cushion, to which I threw back and eyed the two sleeping bears: Mary and Louise. She rolled her eyes and nodded in agreement.

"At what time did we fall asleep?" I questioned, my pupils, still unprepared to receive the sunlight, dodged the light by sealing themselves.

"Three you? At most me four?" She replied, her fingertips rolling their ends at her eyes. She threw herself, as she dramatically would, once more to her bed and moaned in silence; I supported her unfounded drama, gave her a comforting shake and smiled with delight, she frowned at my encouragement and there was yet another pillow at my bun.

"I still can't believe that he did that to you" And her curiosity, a better encouragement than my smiles, forced her to sit straight and cross her legs: a signal to my words that they should be spoken.

"Surprised?" I asked wryly, my mood enraged her. "I suppose that I should have seen it coming...although the girl he chose was beyond my nightmares. Why would he go with her?" "He's got a death wish" She clarified, I smiled at her sadism. "And she simply does it for fun..the cruel type. 

"I thought he did use his brain" 

"Why didn't you tell us?" She questioned as an air of gloominess expanded over her cheeks "We could have stopped this, we could have made you stronger."

"I am" I smiled. "I know it sounds bizarre but...I felt free. The same freedom I felt when I was in the woods: I felt liberated... it made me realise how far I had been sinking  just to please somebody. So many people told  he wan't good and no matter how bad things were between us  I-"

"Keep smiling" She completed. I nodded and she revealed: "You do... do that a lot"

"I know...I am a coward who can't make a decision"

"No!" She roared, her hand grasped mine. "You showed kindness when no one would, that is not cowardice Alesita, It is bravery"

"A bravery that gets you wounded"

Without words to reply...my view sheltered itself through the window as she grasped my hand.

"I hope she won't hurt him as badly-" I commenced

"No!" She interrupted in a roar, my neck coiled to hers with fear as her hand stamped the bed "No! We've talked about this: you cannot feel empathy for him. Nah-ah." My head tilted upwards, rolled and then fell to my right side, cushioned by my palm.

"It's not empathy" I corrected brightly "Its sympathy.... and a cordiality to send him luck...Karma should do the job" She laughed hysterically and I, alarmed by the snoring, muzzled her echo by drowning the sound in a pillow.

"Louise was enraged when she saw that" She noted

"I supposed she would"

"Aja"