Chapter 49. The brain is easily fooled.

"I'm surprised with the amount of sugar you can eat in one day" His grin articulated those words.

I was in the middle of my so expected and desired mango ice cream when he interrupted my passion. My five minutes were when I allowed the sweetness to invade me and nonstop smiling. I looked at him as my dripping ice-cream melted away.

After we left school, he took me to a park where most of his buddies and classmates went. The Santa Fe park. I simply smiled and allowed him to enjoy the city, after all I already knew it; he was new, it was his job to explore.

We ate sushi, well, correction, he ate a California delicacy sushi and I watched. I hate sushi from the tips of my fingers to the tip of my tongue; and so after pure craziness and mad talk to him, avoiding at every cost biting into what that was,  we were now walking alongside the palm tree corridor watching the sun sink as the golden daylight vanished away.

I was still unable to believe my actual reality. I could enjoy every single bit of him and still seek for more. Like a dessert you can never get enough of...

Simply, it's not possible.

Somehow, this felt like my very first crush. It was weired, and still i fell for it. 

His mystery, attitude and self began to wrap me and invite me to get involved each second a little more, like a python drawing in his prayer and never letting go...

He never revealed too much and never talked about things which were tough to speak about, which only made my curiosity more and more desire.

I was entering his heart and soul just as he was entering mine.

"I am lucky with good genetics. My friends hate me though, so...... Yet, I do die in volleyball so I suppose it is a small kind of balance" I spoke, licking once again the cone and top of my favourite dessert. He began to laugh as his smile was now directed at me. I smiled too. Then looked away. I wasn't gonna blush. He had to first. 

"Can I ask you a question?" His eyes looked at me. He had already finished his coco ice cream and so I was the only one eating, as usual.

A golden flash passed directly between the two of us revealing my golden metallic hair and his stupendous eyes.

"I thought that was my job to do" I affirmed.

"Not anymore" I grinned at him. He continued his poetry "Actually it was never your only job. It was terrible to learn things from you from second hand information. People really do confuse things about you"

"What?" My heart fiercely pulled the breaks and I looked at him. Stupefied.

"If you wanted to know me so badly, why didn't you come and talk to me?" I asked him.

He leaned closer, we suddenly stopped and the only motion happening was the thumbling and drumming of each of our hearts... Mine quickly raced whilst his was constant and melodic, like his silky voice.

He grabbed my hand, caressed his fingers through it and led itself to my face; where with his fragile yet tough finger tips caressed my pink cheeks. I directed my stupefied and dumbfounded gaze towards him and his beauty. My heart was beating so hard that I could hear its purr myself. He continued to caress my flushed cheeks and tuck my silky hair behind my ear. His gaze was nailed straight to the centre of my being; with his dilated pupils and his unmasked smile; I felt that I was in heaven, but not even heaven can save me now.

I completely forgot about my ice cream and it ended up crushed in my hand, luckily there was nothing left.

He kept looking at my clumsy directions. I stood, remembering where to look and his arms, strong and stunned, collided near mine. We stayed still, our eyes united in one single gaze.