Chapter 50. Falling is easy.

"You adapt" Were my soul words whispering out to him that only he and I would comprehend.

"And you continue to surprise me with your easy reading" He coaxed kindly, yet the ache in him didn't seem to go away.... I smiled sympathetically with my chestnut eyes caressing his and my fingertips cribbing his tense facade.

Finally understating one small, maybe insignificant piece of the puzzle he is; for it is only one piece of millions to be assembled, but a clue to who he really is.

"That's it for family legacies and the blood that flows through my veins" He joked sarcastically, my smile faded.

"I believe you can make things right, if my perception of you changed in more ways you can imagine, surely, they will see the goodness that I was so blind to before. I judged you terribly, and there is more to you! And, besides, you're lucky, you know the blood that flows through your veins, you have a family that can criticise you for your mistakes and make you better. It's a privilege"

As I spoke: a thought crawled into my limbs and sparked in the fronts of my mind: I smiled in perplexing at it and he, confused, doubted and assimilated my words; I laughed sweetly and attempted to explain the neurons that dashed along my corpse.

"Huh...You're like me: you have the same soul as your grandfather as I of my grandmother, she like you, is the only person who truly understand me"

He nodded, then smiled in a forced manner that made my eyes part from his. Neither words nor sounds escaped from his lips: and so, they did in mine "I have a wonderful small family; but I don't know who's blood courses through my veins." I revealed and he gasped; and then, the demand was made: I was forceless to look away.

"You don't know who your family is?" He asked appalled, yet the quivering in his throat chords felt more like fright.

"I do" I calmed sweetly "But the biological history of my family is tricky. I have a small family, a marvellous mother, warm and affectionate father and darling sister; my grandmother and in law grandfather, but besides them and my aunt who my only connection is through instagram, that is all I know for family..... and truly all I want is a family." But still, i wwanted to add,  the questions keep flooding in. Where am I from? Whose blood is coursing through my veins? Will I ever find where I belong?

Who am I?

Endless questions to which there are no answers to fight back. Some people know where they came from, why and from whom. "My family legacy is a blurred stain," I corrected "I have more of my mother's side, but unfortunately, it is where the least information I possess and most attitudes are found." I laughed sweetly, a laughter mixed with sorrow and anger I could never prevail upon, for who am I to get mad at a man I don't even know?

We continued walking down that beautiful sun-lit corridor, his hand slightly colliding against mine.

Fire against ice.

"My great-grandmother never knew her father was, my grandmother still doesn't know who her father was, my mother, besides an expensive and mostly generous heritage knows nothing more from the man whose blood and attitude courses through her veins. I was lucky, for my determined mother broke the jinx of the thought-to be endless circle and I know and love with all my heart my father, who always eats the entire fridge and must be told off by my mom." The heaven-like sound was heard, he laughed and I, helpless, echoed.

"I'm fortunate, but because of my curiosity, I still don't know where I am from. Why am I like I am, why no one besides some small resemblances to my mother and grandmother is like me.... My grandmother and I are so similar; but it is still not enough, my mother is more than a mother, she is my best friend and I can tell her everything; my sister is like my father, but besides my eternal love for her, she can't help me find who I am. But I still desire to know, just a fragment, just a face or a name, that will finally let me know."