01

B.

"Hey. That girls staring again." I heard Solange whisper besides me dropping the football in my hands.

I looked over to the house and sure enough there was a girl sitting by the window staring down at us which I couldn't help but find weird.

We'd moved across the street from her house maybe about a week ago I'm not completely sure but this is the third time I've caught her staring at us whilst we played.

I and Solange usually just rode our bikes or played ball against one another up until some of the other neighborhood kids decided to come up and hang with us.

They were; Aubrey who was 11, Ciara 10, Robyn 10 as well, Kehlani 9 and Trevor 9.

Meanwhile I'd just turned 8 a few months back and Solange was just 6. It was fun hanging out with them but I kinda just wished on some days that the mysterious girl in the window would come out once to play with us.

I tried waving at her but she just stared at me with this 'deer caught in headlights' kinda look and ran off.

I didn't get to see her again after that not even when our friends had come over. I tapped Trevor on the arm who was telling me something about the movie he'd watched while Solange showed everyone else the new bikes we'd both gotten.

Something our dad had bought for us out of the blue saying and I quote on quote, "The old ones are rusty. I don't want y'all getting hurt riding them."

I didn't mind having to change my old bike because it was actually rusty and was a bit small for me now anyways, plus the new one was way cooler.

It was blue, had a basket and a bell!

"Yeah?" Trevor asks turning towards me with a questioning look.

I pointed towards the house opposite mine which was just right besides his. "Do you know the girl that lives there?"

"No." He says shaking his head "She never comes out but I do know that she's a weirdo because she's always watching us while we play but never comes out."

"Don't say that." I reprimand him but he just shrugs. "It's true anyways also my mom says I shouldn't even try talking to her. She said her daddy and mommy are bad people."

I just ignore his last set of words looking from him to the house. I had seen an old man leave the building before but he didn't look at all approachable especially not with the scowl that was on his face at the time.

"I be hearing them shouting at each other all the time. Especially when I'm trying to sleep in the night. It's annoy—"

"Bey! Trev! Come on we're doing a bike riding race!" Aubrey calls out which causes Trevor to immediately run off leaving me to my thoughts.

I see the silhouette of the girl in the room almost immediately after but as soon as our eyes met once again she rushes off away from the window leaving me to raise a brow.

She's really weird.

We ride our bikes for quite awhile with Aubrey winning the first two times and me winning the third.

I kept glancing over to the window every few seconds but didn't see the girl there.

I didn't know why I wanted her to see me win but I glanced over once again and she wasn't there. It made me feel a little weird I'm not exactly sure the feeling but it wasn't a very nice one.

..Maybe I'm just used to her watching us playing.

___

"Bye!" I call out to our friends grabbing a hold of Solange's hand dragging her towards the house since she didn't want to come back in and it was already getting late.

"Bye! We're going to the skate park tomorrow tell your parents!" Ciara calls out and I just nod.. I hope they'll let me go.

"Mom! Can we go to the skate park tomorrow?! Our friends invited us!" Solange calls out loudly as soon as I opened the front door running towards the dinning room where my mom was setting up the dinner plates.

"Sol inside voice remember?" My mom scolded causing me to giggle because Solange never listens. She'll still do it again tomorrow.

"Sorry but can we go? Please?"

"Sure y'all can go but stay with your friends and come back early. If I come looking for you both I'mma whoop both y'all ass! Hear me?"

"Yes ma." We both answer just as our dad opens the front door still dressed in his work clothes.

"Daddy!" We both scream running over to give him hugs. He picks us both up.. he's strong like that y'all. Placing kisses on both our foreheads.

"Hi princesses! How was your day?"

"Awesome! We played bike riding race but I didn't win any but it was still fun!" Solange babbled as dad walks into the dining room pecking our mom on the lips which causes both of us to scrunch our faces up.

"Eww!"

"What'd you know about that?" Daddy giggles shooing us up the stairs to go take a bath before dinner.

I'm pretty sure you can already guess we're both daddy's girls.

___

Dinner was a little boring as my parents went on and on about their day with Solange butting in every few seconds adding her own two cents and me just picking at my food with the thought of that girl from the next house still heavy on my mind.

School starts on Monday and that's when I'll be resuming, I'm a little scared for that too. I hope I'll make a lot of friends if not then I'm dropping out and going to start a lemonade stand to make money and pay my bills.

___

Thoughts?

Beyoncé?

Onika?

Solange?

Their friends?

Beyoncé's parents?

Onika's parents?

Vote, Comment and Share+♡