Chapter 21 Assaulted

Start from the beginning

Gin: Not even a Danger Beast to be seen. What a disappointment. All I seem to have lately are disappointments.

Natala: Gh..!..Listen, Gin. I'm sorry. But I've also steeled my resolve! Now I'm...'m ready to answer your feelings!

Gin: No, no. I'm not interested anymore, see?

Gin immediately dismiss the conversation while waving her hand. This confused and surprises Natala for a bit since he had resolve himself to correspond her feelings.

 This confused and surprises Natala for a bit since he had resolve himself to correspond her feelings

Natala:....Huh?

Gin: Timing's important too. Remember that you, sillyhead.

Natala: I..I'll try hard not to mess it up next time.

Gin: Hmph... Well, whenever you feel up for it, give it a go.

With a smirk on her face, she continue walking with Natal following her in a hurry. Unknown to them, the enemy was close to them, all this time. In fact, their enemy was the leader of the Oarburgh Association, Merraid Oarburgh. The woman had a sadistic grin as she was closely behind the two assassins, her umbrella looming over the two.

 The woman had a sadistic grin as she was closely behind the two assassins, her umbrella looming over the two

Merraid(mind): My, my. Such intimate confidants. Could they be couple...? If, how sad.

Merraid looks to Gin

Merraid(mind): She's just my type. Girls really ought to go out with only girls. Don't charge down the wrong path.

Gin: ?!

Sensing someone gaze was upon her, Gin quickly turning around with clear wary. She tried to find that shivering gaze that she had felt a moment ago, but there wasn't anyone there. Natala looks at her confused.

Natala: What is it?

Gin: I sensed another presence just now...

From around the corner they were just heading, Gozuki turns towards them. He had a grim look on his face, easily shown that something was up.

Gozuki: There's a huge pile of Danger Beast carcasses just up ahead.

The two were confused as to what he meant. Going up ahead just a bit more, their eyes widened. Just as they were told, at the bottom of the overlook up ahead, there were loads of Danger Beast carcasses, the things that were left were mostly their bones.