• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxxɪᴠ • •

On the car ride back, Mike made small talk with Abby about dinner. "So, what do you want for dinner? Pizza or spaghetti?" He asked.

"Mmm." Abby thought about it. "Both."

"Which one is it?"

"But i want both." Abby giggled.

Mike chuckled lightly. "You can't have both. Pick one." He spoke.

"Fine. Spaghetti... with meatballs." Abby replied.

"With meatballs. Got it." Mike spoke.

Abby was happy with her choice of meal as she smiled and glanced out the window.

"Hey, we just have to make a quick stop. Alright? We have to pick up Lilith."

"Okay." Abby spoke as she already knew it was the hospital they were going to. The ride there feeling quick for her as she waited for him to park before getting out of the car. "Hurry Mike!"

"Coming." Mike spoke as he headed inside with her. Making sure he was signed in as a visitor before leading the way towards the familiar room. Giving the door a knock before walking inside.

Lilith glanced up and glanced over as she got up. "Mike." She spoke. "I'm glad you're here." She added.

"Have you eaten yet?" Mike asked.

"Not yet."

"You have to eat. For the baby." Mike spoke as he placed his hand on the small bump."

"I-i know but the hospital food isn't very appealing to my hunger and it tastes bad for me."

Mike gave a small smile listening to her. "Well I am on dinner duty. You will be getting a lot of food there." He spoke.

Lilith smiled at him as she placed her hand on his cheek. "You're just lovely."

"That's what husbands do." Mike spoke teasingly. "How's she doing?" He asked.

"The same as always. No reactions or movements. I'm getting worried."

"She's going to be fine." Mike spoke. "I am sure they will find a way to wake her up or for her to wake up on her own."

"I hope so.." Lilith spoke. "I'll be outside with Abby."

Mike nodded as he watched her leave before glancing at Vanessa. "Hey.. uh.. I am not really sure you can hear me or anything that is going on but.. I still haven't processed what happened as well. But you were there for us and i can't thank you enough."

Taking a moment to catch his breath before glancing back at her. "I think that none of us would have made it out alive without your help. Thank you. Um.. You're also gonna be an aunt. She really wants you to meet them when they are born."

Saying a few more words before leaving the room quietly. Glancing over to see Abby having her hair being braided by Lilith. Having a small smile at the scene before him. "Ready to go home?" He asked.

"Ready!" Abby and Lilith spoke as they got up. Rushing ahead of him as they chatted.

It made him feel better to see that thinga had gone back to normal in a way. He had only wished that Vanessa had been. There to celebrate their victory and peace with them.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

The drive back home was peaceful. Only the sound of small talk being made filled his ears. Letting them spend time with one another and driving at his pace. He had never felt that feeling before. Finally relaxed. Only worried about finding a good stable job which he was close to getting.

Things having turned around for them as they hadn't had much to worry about after the whole pizzeria incident. Jane wasn't there to bother and try to take Abby away either.

Arriving home as Abby was the first one out like always. Waiting for them to open the door. Having them chuckle at how fast she always was.

Lilith got to the door as she unlocked the door before letting her inside. Walking in as Mike walked in after her. "She's still so energetic." She teased.

"Like always. I think she learned that from you." Mike teased.

Lilith chuckled. "Well, you are always sleeping."

"Touchè." He spoke with a chuckle. "Come on. Take a seat." He helped her to the couch.

"Mike. I'm fine. The baby is doing well."

"It's my first child. I want to be as cautious as possible."

"You're a little too cautious."

"Okay, okay. I'll try to tone it down a bit." He spoke.

"I don't hate it though. It's kind of cute. I do the same thing sometimes. Being too cautious. You never know what could happen."

"I agree." Mike spoke. Placing a peck on her forehead. "I want you three safe. Maybe this little one will be a mini me." He teased.

"I think it's a girl."

"No fair. That would he three of you ladies against me."

Lilith laughed as she listened to him. "You'll live." She joked.

Mike chuckled. "I'll get the food ready then. That little one must be hungry." He got up as he got ready to make the food.

Lilith watching him from the couch as she admired him. "I love you." She spoke.

"I love you too my lovely wife." Mike spoke happily. He had more energy in his body and more positive feelings.

Lilith giggled as she blushed. It always made her turn red with his words. Especially now that she was his forever.

The food didn't take long to eat as they were soon all at the dinner table. Sharing a meal as a family.

"You okay Abby?"

"Mhm. I was just thinking.. about my friends." Abby spoke.

"Is that so?" Mike asked.

"They're all alone." Abby added.

"Right." Mike replied.

"No one takes care of them anymore." Abby sighed. "Can we visit them sometimes?" She asked.

Mike listened to her question as his face changed. Giving her an 'are you serious?' kind of look. "Um... you know what? You never know what can happen."

Abby listened as she beamed a smile. Happy that had agreed.

"You know.. they are nice. They were just.. that man speaking through them kind of thing." Lilith spoke. "They're lovely."

"You seem close to them. Especially that one that looks like Freddy." Mike spoke.

"I knew them. They were my friend and Cassidy, he was there for me. A best friend and he always kept me being out of trouble. When he passed away I changed. I didn't know who to be." She shrugged.

"I'm sorry."

"You're good. I do want to visit them too so we should go." Lilith spoke.

Changing the subject at they continued with their meal. Mike making small jokes for Abby and sharing their laughter with one another. He couldn't ask for anything better than that. It was all he had ever wanted. A family. He was having it happen. He loved them all.

That was how Lilith was able to fully escape her father but at what cost? She knew that just like her, he always kept his promises and in the pizzeria. Cassidy stood by the door frame. Watching silently as a still alive William Afton, groaning in pain and shivering as he wasn't able to do much but endure that long agonizing pain that spread everywhere.

Reaching a hand out towards Cassidy who watched him only before reaching out as well. Only to grab the doorknob and shut the door on him. Having no pity for him at all.

THE END
( FOR NOW )

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻 𝑫𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺 || 𝒎𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒎𝒊𝒅𝒕 🎉