ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ

"Mike.."

Mike listened to her say his name. It was something he never wanted to stop hearing. "What is it?" He asked.

"We need to get to work now." Lilith spoke.

Glancing at the time he knew she was right. A small look of disappointment crossing his features.

Lilith took notice and placed her hand on his cheek. "We can always do this another time."

"Fine." Mike spoke as he glanced at her. Holding her closer. "But next time I'll make you forget about everything else going on around us."

"We'll see about that."

"Oh, we will."

Lilith chuckled lightly before shaking her head. "Come on lover boy." She spoke.

"Coming." Mike spoke. Grabbing his things as he opened the passenger door. Getting out first before helping her out as well. Covering her from the rain as much as he could.

Lilith closed the door behind her as she thanked Mike before holding his hand as she rushed to the door once the car was locked. Unlocking it and stepping inside. "It's cold." She spoke as she shuddered.

"I can warm you up." Mike spoke as he took the lead. Glancing around before heading to the employee's room. Setting their things down before posting his poster up on the wall. Taking a seat in front of the cameras before lightly pulling her onto his lap.

Her cheeks turning pink as she glanced at him before glancing away. "This is your big plan?" She asked shyly.

"You're welcome." Mike joked as he kept his arms around her and chuckled. Placing his chin on her shoulder. "You don't mind if I fall asleep, do you?"

"Not at all. I can watch the cameras." Lilith replied.

"Thanks." Mike replied as he pecked her cheek. Shifting a bit as he got his sleeping medication. Taking one before putting his headphones on. He knew that he would want answers and the kids he had seen the day before would have some.

Lilith knew about it since he had told her about it. She was someone he deeply trusted after all. He knew she wouldn't see him as crazy and he loved her for that.

"Goodnight." Mike spoke.

Lilith turned to face him as she placed her hands on his cheeks and gave his forehead a small peck. "Goodnight love." She spoke.

Mike smiled a bit as he held her in his arms. Glancing at his poster as he got comfortable with her before closing his eyes. Taking small breathes as he calmed down before falling asleep.

Glancing at her boyfriend, she knew he had managed to fall asleep a bit faster than normal. Glancing back ahead as she glanced at the cameras. Keeping watch in case of anything happening.

Not seeing anything out of place as she leaned her chin on her palm before glancing around the small office place. She trusted Mike and knew he would never lie about things. Especially when they came to be about his brother.

Hearing a bit of static as she glanced up. "I guess it's time." She lightly spoke before glancing at her boyfriend's sleeping figure. Getting up without waking him as she knew he needed his concentration.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Mike was having the same dream like always. Being back in the woods and having to watch his brother being taken away in a car. Trying to run after the car as fast as he could. Never being able to reach it in time.