• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ᴠ • •

Mike and Lilith had left the office of Dr. Lillian. Being in the car with Abby sitting in the backseat. The silence filling the car like water as no one said a word. Reaching the house as Abby got out and headed to the front door.

"Abby don't run ahead." Mike spoke up as he got out of the car.

Lilith unbuckled her seatbelt as she reached for the door before watching Mike open it for her. Thanking him as she held his hand and stepped out. Closing the door to the car behind her before walking with him to the front door.

Mike unlocked the door as Abby rushed past him immediately. A small sigh leaving him as he tried not to think about it too much.

Lilith walking in after him as she shut the door and locked it. "She's very energetic." She spoke lightly.

"Very." Mike agreed before turning to her. Placing his arms around her waist. "Thank you." He added.

"For what?" Lilith asked as she placed her hands on his shoulders.

"For being with me in that room. I needed that. I also apologize for my aunt. She shouldn't have raised her hand at you.

"You don't have to apologize Mike." Lilith spoke. "It wasn't your fault and if I had to do it all again then I would because we are a team."

Mike listened as he smiled softly. "I am very lucky to have you on my team and my life."

Lilith smiled as she moved a hand to his cheek. "I am the lucky one. You and Abby are like family to me." She spoke.

"We always will be." Mike spoke lightly. Glancing at her as he admired her. Rubbing her side with his thumb before leaning closer slowly.

Lilith noticed as she admired him back at the moment. Feeling him leaning closer as she closed her eyes. Grazing his nose with hers as the gap between them lessened.

"Can I watch tv?" Abby asked as she walked back into the living room.

Mike pulled away as he turned to face the young girl and cleared his throat. Nodding a bit. "Only for a little while though."

Lilith felt him pull away as she opened her eyes and glanced at Abby. Letting Mike speak with her. "I will go change into something more comfortable but maybe you and Mike can watch something together until I come back."

"Okay. Will you take long?" Abby asked.

"Not at all." Lilith spoke as she smiled. "Now you two go sit." She added before leaving down the hall to their shared room.

Mike watched her go before clearing his throat. "Why don't you pick what you want to watch and I'll be right back." Mike spoke. "I'm sure you and your friends can find something good."

"Okay." Abby spoke as she sat down on the floor.

Mike headed down the hall before walking into their shared room.

Lilith was startled before glancing over as she noticed who it was. "Mike? What are you doing here? Abby is probably waiting for-."

Mike cut her off with a kiss as he had wanted to kiss her earlier before Abby had walked into the living room. His hands immediately holding her close to him.

Lilith didn't mind as she kissed back just as eager as he had kissed her. Running a hand through his hair as she held him as close as she could. It was something they both enjoyed as they stay together like that for a while.

Mike held her close before pulling away from their kiss. Being a bit breathless as he opened his eyes. Glancing at her as he caressed her cheek. "Sorry.. I just.."

Lilith shook her head. "I liked it." She softly spoke. "But I was in the middle of changing." She pointed out.

His eyes stayed on her before realizing as his roamed a bit. His face turning a bit red seeing she didn't have a shirt on. Immediately closing his eyes and apologizing profusely.

A small chuckle leaving her. "All these years of dating and you still get so shy." She joked. Finishing getting dressed in one of his shirts and black and white checkered pajama pants. "You can open your eyes now." She teased.

Mike opened his eyes. Still a bit red to the face as he cleared his throat. "I um.. have to make a phone call but you and Abby can watch something together first." He changed the subject shyly.

"Of course. Just don't take too long." She spoke. Pecking his cheek before leaving the room and joining Abby in the living room.

The young man stayed behind in the room before sitting on the bed. Reaching into his nightstand and getting the card he had been given before walking to the dining area. Sitting down and glancing at the phone and card. Being a bit hesitant at first before feeling read to make the call.

Dialing the number on the card as he could the phone line ringing. Waiting patiently to see if he would pick up.

"Hello?" Steve spoke once he answered the phone.

"Uh, hi. Mr. Raglan, this is Mike. I was there to see you about a job not too long ago."

"Ah, yes. Mr. 'I can't work nights." Steve spoke.

"Right." Mike spoke. "Yeah, um, I was just calling to ask if that job you offered me, uh, was still available."

"Oh, it absolutely is." Steve spoke. "Why do you ask? Have a change of heart?" He asked.

Mike listened as he turned to glance at his girlfriend and Abby watching tv together. Turning back around in his chair. "How soon could I start?"

"As soon as tonight. How does that sound?" Steve asked.

"Uh. It sounds alright."

"Great. I will give you the address then."

"Uh, one more question." Mike spoke.

"Yes?" Steve asked.

"Is it alright if my girlfriend can work with me on this?" Mike asked. "We won't do anything to the place and things will be smooth with no damages."

"Your girlfriend?" Steve asked. "I don't know. Does she have any criminal records or a case like yours?"

"No. She's a good person and has never done anything out of line. Her name is Lilith Mintz."

Steve stopped for a moment. His pen slipping onto the floor as he was silent. Being too quiet at the name.

"Hello?" Mike asked.

"Yes. Still here. Sorry, I happened to drop my pen under my desk. Did you say Lilith Mintz?" Steve asked.

"Yes. That's correct."

"Alright, well, I'll give a quick background check and she should be good to go. Just make sure no one breaks in and tidy up the place.

"Of course, thank you." Mike spoke.

"No. Thank you, I hope you last longer. Most people don't stay for long." Steve spoke. "I'll give you a bit of background on the place before you go there." He continued.

Mike listened as he wasn't so sure of why people left so early into the job. Listening to the man on the other end of the call. He needed the job after all and wanted to know what he was getting himself into by accepting.