• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ɪ • •

It was a quiet morning as Mike had gotten up and out of bed. A bit groggy at the moment as he didn't want to wake up. Glancing over to the spot besides him. Seeing his girlfriend still asleep. A small smile adorning his features. Reaching over at the moment and placing a strand of hair behind her ear.

Lilith felt his hand as she shifted closer. Slowly opening her eyes. Adjusting to the light in her eyes before glancing at her boyfriend. "Morning.." She softly spoke. "Are you leaving already?" She asked.

"Morning. I didn't mean to wake you up. I have to get going but I'll see you later tonight. Okay?" He asked.

"Okay." Lilith replied before placing a hand on his cheek. "Have a good day." She hummed as she leaned closer. Pecking his cheek softly.

Mike smiled softly as he glanced at her before placing a small kiss on her cheek as well. "I called Max to babysit Abby." He informed.

Lilith listened as she wasn't a big fan of Max. "Does she really have to be here?" She asked.

"Is something wrong?" Mike asked her.

"No. Nothing is wrong. I was just asking. Don't worry about it. You should get going. I don't want you to be late." Lilith replied.

Mike moved a hand to her chin. "If something bothers you don't hide it from me. Okay?"

Lilith nodded as she listened to him. "I won't." Feeling his hands on her cheeks as she glanced at him.

"Good." He spoke as he smiled a bit more. Placing a small kiss to her forehead before pulling away.

Lilith smiled at the kiss. "Come on Mike. You're going to be late." She spoke.

"I know, I know." Mike spoke as he chuckled.

Lilith smiled as she got out of their shared bed. Stretching a bit before feeling his arms around her as she laughed lightly. "What are you doing?"

"I am hugging my girlfriend. Seeing you in my shirt makes me want to stay home with you and Abby." He replied to her question.

Lilith listened to his response as she chuckled. Feeling his chin rest on her shoulder. Turning her head to face him a bit. "As much as I like these moments for us, you still have somewhere to be heading."

"I want to at least each some breakfast with you before I go." He spoke.

"Fine. Then you have to get going." She replied.

"You sound very eager to have me leave." Mike teased.

Lilith shook her head playfully at his tease. "Is it that obvious?" She teased back. Hearing a small laugh leave him.

Mike liked how they could easily make jokes with one another. How he could be himself around her and have someone who understood him so well.

"I'll go get Abby. You go make some breakfast." Lilith spoke.

"You sure?" He asked. Knowing how Abby could be at times.

"I am very sure." Lilith spoke. "She likes me better after all." She joked.

Mike had a small smile. "Alright. We'll put that to the test. I'll go in first and then we can see who she really likes first."

"You're on." Lilith spoke as she got out of his hold. "Off you go then."

Mike chuckled as he let go of her before getting nudged out of the room by her. Walking across the hall and into Abby's room.

"Abby come on. It's time to eat breakfast before I go."

"Not hungry." Abby simply spoke at the moment.

"You wouldn't want me to eat alone, would you?" He asked.

Abby listened to him before staying quiet. Silently glancing at him and not saying much.

"Right.." Mike spoke as he clapped his hands together lightly before walking out. "She's all yours." He spoke as he glanced at Lilith.

Lilith smiled his way. "Watch and learn from the best."

Mike scoffed lightly. "You are not going to win." He spoke.

"I will." Lilith replied before walking into the room. Taking a while inside the young girl's room.

Mike waited patiently in the hall. Leaning against the wall for the meantime.

"What are you doing?" Max asked as she had gotten up from the couch to use the bathroom.

"Me and Lilith are determining who Abby likes more. She's been in there for a while and I think she's lost."

"She's here?" Max asked. "Of course she would lose to you." She added.

"She lives here. Why wouldn't she be?" Mike answered. "Besides I lost too. It would be almost like a tie."

Max listened as she would have said something else to him. Noticing Lilith walk out of the room.

Mike glanced over as he was about to ask how it went before noticing she wasn't alone. "Wow.." He spoke.

Lilith grinned as she held Abby's hand. "Well, Abby and I will be enjoying what you make for breakfast." She spoke.

Mike watched with his mouth slightly open. Shocked that she had actually managed to get his sister up and dressed for the day.

"How did you..?" He asked.

"Abby likes me. Right Abby?" She asked as she glanced at the young girl.

Abby smiled as she nodded immediately. Her hand still holding Lilith's.

"You win." Mike spoke.

"You probably bribed Abby." Max spoke up from her spot in the hall.

"Oh, Max. Didn't see you there. No. I didn't bride her. I did promise to draw with her though. It's something we can do for the day. A bonding moment."

Max gave her a small look as she huffed. Crossing her arms. "Well, Mike seems like the real winner here."

"Of course. Mike is a good brother and Abby still cares and likes him in her own way." Lilith spoke. Glancing at her as she didn't like her seeing how she was always trying to get close to her boyfriend.

Max knew that she wasn't liked by the young woman standing across her. It made her feel a bit better to know that Lilith knew. She didn't hide her feelings but Mike was oblivious to her.

Mike turned to his girlfriend as he smiled. Walking closer as he gave her a small peck.

Lilith smiled as she used her free hand to place it on the back of his head. Returning the small peck. Giving Max a small triumphant smirk after pulling away. "Let's go eat then." She spoke. Heading ahead with Abby.

"Definitely going to marry her one day." Mike spoke as he grinned to himself before following after her and Abby. Leaving Max in the hall alone.