𝐼𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑎 𝑤𝑖𝑛?

Micaela thought their robot was all finished up, but on the day of the competition, Marcus tore their robot apart and rebuilt it

Micaela thought their robot was all finished up, but on the day of the competition, Marcus tore their robot apart and rebuilt it. She still hadn't had her phone, and little to her knowledge, it was in Marcus' hand as he built the robot. He was looking at the picture of Leo and Chase's new and approved robot.

The boy's plan wasn't just to completely separate Micaela from Leo and the Davenport's, but to separate the small part of Rory that was holding onto the Davenport's. He knew there was something holding the boy back, something in the back of his mind.

So he found a way to fix it.

The three got to the competition together, with their robot. All the competitors were told to stand in the middle of the arena with their robots. Leo and Micaela's groups were placed right beside one another.

"Next up, the competitor who's taken home the robot throwdown trophy five years running. Kevin Stone, and his robot, the merchant of menace!" The host, standing in the middle of the arena, announced.

People cheered in the audience and held up signs as everyone else competing stared Kevin down.

"Competing together for the first time, Leo Dooley" the host glimpsed away from his note cards for just a second, "and Mic- no. And... Chase Davenport!" He looked up to see the two friends who had always competed with one another, standing with other teams.

The host cleared his throat and continued on. "With their robot... Josh." The man stopped and stared at the two boys. "Josh?"

Leo stared at the host, baffled by the fact Chase would pick that name. "I didn't know the name was supposed to be scary." The Davenport defended himself.

"The name's supposed to be scary." Leo said.

"And finally, also competing together for the first time, Micaela, Marcus, and Rory Star with their robot... Dave." The man sighed and turned to the group. "Seriously?"

"I didn't know it was supposed to be scary either." Rory shamefully admitted.

"Oh my god!" Micaela groaned.

"Okay, lets get starte-" the man was cut off by one of the workers walking onto the arena and placing another notecard in his hand, then walking away. The host rolled his eyes, tired of the competitors.

"Hold on. We have one more contestant." He fixed the microphone in his hand in frustration. "And he's asked us to turn down the lights." Micaela was honestly shocked they actually turned them down, when her and Leo asked for that kind of introduction, they said no.