𝑇𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ

Down in the lab, it was cool and comfortable, unlike outside where the sun was beating down and burning skin

Down in the lab, it was cool and comfortable, unlike outside where the sun was beating down and burning skin. The temperature inside felt nice, especially to Micaela who had just came home from football practice. Rory had skipped practice for possibly the fifth time and was really close to being kicked off the team. If it wasn't for his good grades and skills in sports, he would've been kicked off a while ago with how much practice he had missed.

One thing everyone at their school seemed to know was that their football team would lose every single time if it wasn't for the three people on the team that were actually good. The other girl on the team- Ally, Rory, and especially Micaela. And because Rory barely came to practice, it was up to Micaela and Ally to carry the team and prove they were good enough to cut practice short and go home.

Tired from practice, the Wells girl laid on top of the table, on her stomach as she used her arms as a pillow. Hair damp from her nice, cold shower, a black halter tank top and grey shorts as her outfit, along with a bottle of ice cold water by her head.

"Okay, now we'll check your bionic reflexes." Donald instructed as Rory stood at the console. "First the left arm." Rory clicked some buttons and the three teens who had a weird electronic brace on their necks, had their left arm move and hit one another in the face.

"Ohh!" Adam exclaimed in pain after getting slapped by Chase. The youngest sibling turned to his brother and laughed, him being the only one who hadn't got smacked due to the order they stood in.

"Okay, now the right arm." Davenport rested a hand on Rory's shoulder, eyes on the three bionic kids.

"Ohh!" Adam yelled again as Bree laughed. "Oh, I hate this game!"

"Okay, Adam. Well, you can sit this one out." Davenport told him as he gently pushed Rory away from the console so he could set his plan in motion. "I'll just do Bree and Chase." The man pushed a button, having Bree raise her right arm and Chase raise his left, both of them smacking Adam in the face.

"Ohh!"

"Come on, Big D, it's summer vacation!" Leo complained as Rory rolled his eyes, wanting to continue collecting data on the bionic chips. "Let's hit the beach. Slap on some shorts and show everyone your pasty little walking sticks!"

"Yeah!" Micaela set her phone down and turned her head towards everyone. "Show them Casper legs some sun!" She jumped down from the table and joined the group, eyes turning to the three bionic kids in confusion. "You guys break your necks?"

Hearing this, Davenport rolled his eyes and shot her and the Dooley's idea down. "Not now, guys. We're doing some routine bionic chip maintenance. Besides, this is fun, right, guys?"

"I'm having fun." Rory agreed immediately, pushing a button to have Adam smack Chase in the face.

"Good times." Adam chuckled shortly before sighing in boredom and leaning back on a console.