𝑅𝑢𝑖𝑛

"Guys!" Oliver shouted as the four friends looked through the hole in the superhero on the bed with wide eyes. "How could you do this? Now tectonic has a giant whole in his chest!"

"That little thing?" Leo nervously asked, pointing to the very noticeable hole. "Can hardly see it."

"Calm down, Oliver." Micaela said, taking a deep breath, pulling on her earlobe nervously.

"Everything's gonna be fine." Kaz shook his best friend's worries off. "Oh!" He gasped, smiling brightly. "I have the perfect solution! You guys wouldn't happen to have a giant cork on you, would you?" He asked. "Cause I only have this pretty big one." He dug a big cork out of his pocket.

"Don't be stupid, Kaz, that'll never work." Micaela shook her head. "Let's fill it with glue!"

"No, Mick!" Leo shook his head in disapproval. "We don't have glue." He explained with a huff. "I have a paper clip." He held up the paperclip from his pocket.

Oliver stared at his friends blankly for a good moment, waiting for any sign of them realizing why their plans wouldn't work, but their confidence never fell. And he turned to Leo. "Leo-?" He stopped, seeing the Dooley boy holding out his paperclip to the superhero's chest.

"I'm desperate, man!"

"We're gonna go see why Tectonic won't heal." Kaz said, grabbing Micaela by the hand. "You stay here." He let go of the girl's hand for a second to pat and Leo on the shoulders before grabbing it again, going to lead her out of the room.

"A-And do what?" Oliver asked, making them stop.

"Do we have to explain everything to you?" The girl asked him.

"It's simple. All you have to do is keep the dozens of doctors, nurses, Orderlies, and technicians who could walk in at any second, out of the room." Kaz explained.

"Catch up, Oliver." Leo shook his head.

"Is that it?" Oliver sarcastically asked.

"Hey, look at me." Kaz dropped Micaela's hand to put either hands on Oliver's shoulders. "Everything's gonna be fine."

"Have we ever let you down?" Micaela asked.

"Constantly." Oliver responded.

"Name one time!" Kaz yelled.

"When you pulled out the stop sign!"

"Stop living in the past." Kaz said.

"You know why they call it the 'present'?"

"Because it's a gift." Kaz said patting Oliver on the face.

Kaz grabbed Micaela's hand and walked out the door. "Micaela!" Leo shouted after her, not knowing how he could pull it off without her. He took a small breath and turned to Oliver, putting on a big, confident smile. "Don't worry," he stretched out his arms, cracking his fingers, "I got this."

~*~

When they got to the Domain they looked through the Tecton comics, desperately trying to find something that could tell them anything. "Oh my god!" Micaela brought her hands up to her face in frustration, sitting on the floor, comic book in her lap. "I'm starting to think we shouldn't have touched the stop sign."