𝑁𝑜 𝑆𝑝𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝐿𝑒𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑀𝑖𝑐𝑘

Breakfast in the morning was weird for Micaela, especially at her mother's house

Breakfast in the morning was weird for Micaela, especially at her mother's house. It was rare and so unlike her mother to cook anything for her daughter. Normally she'd just go to Leo's and have dinner, or make it herself. But now Darlene made sure to make breakfast, pack a lunch, and make dinner for her daughter.

Instead of the usual grunt or complete silence as a response to Micaela's goodbye and goodnight every day, Darlene now kissed her on the head and and said it back. It felt nice, but weird.

"You have a game coming up?" Darlene asked her daughter as she picked up the now empty plates from the table.

"Oh, yeah, in a few days." Micaela replied in surprise, she wasn't sure her mother knew she played sports. "A football game, basketball the day after."

"Well let me know when and I'll be there." Darlene put the dishes in the sink and then walked back over to her daughter who still sat in the chair. "Your hair's getting so long." Her fingers ran through Micaela's hair that reached just below her chest. "If you need a trim, let me know, okay?"

"Yeah-Yeah, okay." Micaela pulled at her earlobe, starting to feel uncomfortable with her mother touching her hair. "I should get going." The girl stood up, being met with her mother holding up her backpack and a brown bag that carried her lunch.

"Oh, and I told Marcus you and Rory would walk with him to school." Darlene said just as Micaela opened the door to see Marcus and Rory waiting outside her door.  The Star boy had his hands in his pockets, looking down at his shoes.

"Good morning." Marcus greeted her with a huge smile.

In shock, Micaela froze and turned to her mother. "And I told Leo you got there early for practice. It was the only way to get him to get to school without you."

"But mom-"

"Now, I want you to spend more time with Marcus. I think you guys would get along great." Darlene lightly pushed her daughter out the door. "Have a good day!" And she closed the door.

"What do you want, Rory?" Micaela questioned with harsh squinted eyes, looking right over Marcus' shoulder.

"I figured you'd be happy I agreed to join so you weren't left alone with him." Rory shot back just as moody.

"Oh." Marcus smiled in amusement, following Micaela down the two steps. "Guys have some kind of rivalry here?"

~*~

Walking to school with two people Micaela wasn't very fond with was not what she had hoped for the day. After what felt like hours, they had made it to school, the three of them walking in together.

"M-dog!" Adam, Bree, and Chase cheered, pulling Marcus into a hug as soon as they saw him.

"Hey!" Marcus replied as Leo froze at the sight of Micaela beside the boy he hated.