𝟔𝟎. (𝟗𝐱𝟎𝟒 𝐈 𝐒𝐚𝐰 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞)

AUTHORS NOTE
The AU where Mark dies will take some time as I'm gonna make myself cry with it
xo
****

Mark and Chloe were in bed together having sex. Chloe arched her back as she felt Mark kissing her neck. It was the first time since the plane crash they were having sex.

Chloe knew she had missed him. And all she could think about was how close she had come to never seeing him again.

Chloe heard Grace giggling. She looked to Mark who saw Chloe's phone had gone. "She's got your phone," he told her.

"What?"

Mark pulled out of Chloe. She grabbed her dressing gown and her panties. She slipped them on as she left the bedroom. "Grace. Why do you have mommy's phone?" She asked.

"Essie mommy!"

Chloe went to get the phone off of Grace when the toddler ran off with the phone. "Grace. Give me the phone."

"No mommy! Essie!" Grace squealed. She frowned when she felt herself being held upside down. "Huh?"

Chloe took the phone and spoke to Esmè who was going away with Jackson. Mark looked to her. "You can't have mommy's phone Gracie. You're too little."

"No I not. I talk Essie," Grace said as she looked to her daddy. She grinned. "Pancakes?"

Mark groaned. He knew his daughter. And he knew she used distraction tactics when she was about to be told. She was almost two. And she was so clever.

Mark and Chloe had been told that Grace was advanced for her age. She could put sentences together.

"If you behave and don't cause any trouble for the next twenty minutes, daddy will make you pancakes," Mark told her as he walked over to Chloe. "Esmè okay?"

Chloe nodded. "Yeah. She and Jackson are going to Hawaii. Lucky bitch. We're here in Seattle," she said.

"Well we can always go away ourselves. I think we're owed some time," Mark told her.

"Honestly? Sounds good. We have Grace though," Chloe said as she saw her daughter sitting on the sofa waiting patiently. "What's she doing?"

Mark smiled. "I told her if she doesn't cause trouble for twenty minutes, I'll make her pancakes," he told her. He saw Grace looking at him. "Okay. I'll go do it now."

****

Jackson looked to Esmè. He smiled. "Will you be okay? On the plane. I know how you were sedated after the crash," he told her.

Esmè sighed and smiled. "I have to be okay. I can't be scared for the rest of my life. I have to overcome this. And this will be the best way to do that."

Esmè knew how she was freaking out about the whole plane thing. She was scared. But she had to remind herself why she was getting on the plane. She was going to marry her soulmate.

"I'll be right be your side. I promise you."

****

Chloe was sitting with Alex at the nurses station. Alex bashed the computer. Chloe looked to him. "Yeah, whatever's wrong, that'll fix it," she said as she rolled her eyes.