𝟐𝟑. (𝟔𝐱𝟎𝟓 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧)

Mark laid in bed as he looked to Chloe who was pacing the bedroom. She was ranting about the merger.

"Today is the day where our lives could change. We're going to be overrun by Mercy West assholes who suck. And I don't want to share my job with someone who sucks," she said as she paced the whole bedroom.

Mark laid there and smiled. "Baby... you're gonna be fine. Webber would be bonkers to get rid of you. You're amazing. And Derek will back you," he told her.

Chloe pouted. "You have to say that. You're my boyfriend. And I don't wanna have to gauge someone's eyes out if they look at you," she mumbled.

Mark smirked. "Doll if I even look at someone else, your mom would come and kill me. Not to mention Derek. Don't even get me started on Esmè. She'll kill me with her glare. You know, considering she's Arizona's sister, you'd think she would be all happy and sweetness," he said.

Chloe grinned as she climbed into bed next to him. "She's evil when she wants to be," she said as she checked the calendar on her phone. "Crap."

"What?"

Chloe looked up to him. "I'm late."

Mark frowned. "For work?" He asked.

Chloe shook her head. "My period is late. Two weeks," she told him.

"Crap."

Chloe didn't know what to do. She didn't know what to think. She didn't even know if she wanted to be pregnant.

****

Chloe got to the hospital. She saw Esmè who was waiting for her. She sighed. "You're late. What's wrong?" She asked.

Chloe shook her head. She didn't want to tell anyone. Not until she knew for sure. She and Mark were going to get a test that night.

"So I spoke to Callie last night. About the Mercy West residents. And they apparently don't suck," Cristina said as she looked to her two friends. "Chloe is safe because she's Addison Montgomery's daughter. Esmè is safe because she's Arizona's sister. Everyone loves someone who saves a dying child. Mer is safe because of being married to Derek. Plus you, angel eyes is the one who wants become double board certified OB and Trauma."

Meredith nodded. "It's true. And she's McSteamy's girlfriend. Have you seen his puppy dog eyes when she's around?"

"Yes. He has to be near her," Cristina said as she looked to Chloe.

Chloe rolled her eyes but smiled. "Mark doesn't play favourites. He treats us all the same," she said with a shrug.

Cristina rolled her eyes. "Could have fooled me."

Esmè could tell that there was something wrong with Chloe. But it wasn't going to be easy to get her to open up.

****

Chloe was sitting on the bench in the locker room. She had been for coffee with Mark. They were talking about their possible situation. She looked up as Cristina and Izzie walked in.

Esmè smiled. "Coco. You sure you're okay? You seem quiet," she told her.

"I'm fine. Don't worry."

The door opened again and a group of people walked in wearing orange scrubs. One of them with short hair went over to George's and put her stuff in.

"Oh. Hey. You can't put that in there," Izzie said, getting the attention of everybody.

Chloe turned and frowned. She didn't like Izzie. But she would protect what little they had left of George. She smiled at the blonde who stood there looking unimpressed.