𝟐𝟗. (𝟔𝐱𝟏𝟕 𝐏𝐮𝐬𝐡)

Chloe stood in the bathroom in Addison's house. She was planning on colouring her hair. She wanted to move on. From Mark. She was angry still.

She hated how he almost had sex with Lexie. Then he returned home and had sex with her. She felt used. She was going to colour her hair to forget all that had happened.

"Coco?"

"Yeah?"

Addison opened the door. She saw Chloe there with the hair dye. "What are you doing?" She asked as she looked to her daughter.

Chloe smiled. "Colouring my hair. Figured I could do with a change. I mean, I'm newly single. And I have to go back to Seattle where I'm going to see my ex boyfriend and the bitch who he almost had sex with," she said.

Addison sighed. She knew how she had done something similar when Derek left. But she regretted it. "Don't do this. Don't ruin your hair."

Chloe looked to her. She sighed. "Look mom. I know you don't understand. But my red hair was what attracted Mark to me. But if it's blonde, he won't want me. That's what I want. I want him to not want me. Because then he'll keep pulling and then I'll go back to him."

Addison saw how Chloe hadn't been sleeping. She sighed. "If this will make you happy, go for it."

"Thank you. I'm an adult. Don't really need your permission to colour my hair," Chloe said as she started the process in colouring her hair.

****

Callie walked into Mark's apartment. She saw him working out. "Today... feels like the day to me. I think by the close of business today, I've got cartilage in the bottle," she said.

Callie turned to see Mark who looked miserable. She frowned as she looked to him. "What's with you?"

"You and Derek. You're all "don't screw the nurses and the drug reps". You did a psych rotation. You know what happens when you tell someone to not think about an elephant? You spend a lot of time thinking about an... I walk around the hospital. Trying not to make eye contact with the women. I'm... lonely and unhappy. I don't see how this is a solution," Mark said.

Callie rolled her eyes. "Find a grown up who wants what you want. And date. Like a grown up. Chloe's too young for you. She won't want what you do."

"I don't know what that means. And she built a crib. So maybe she does."

****

Esmè frowned as she saw a blonde who was standing at Chloe's locker. "Hey. That locker belongs to someone. You can't use that," she said.

The girl turned around. Esmè's eyes widened. "Chloe Loren... you look hot. You're blonde. And your hair is short?" She said.

Chloe nodded. She looked to her. "Yeah. My hair being red is what made Mark want me. So now I'm a different colour, he won't want me," she said.

Esmè grinned and winked. "Well you look hot. If I wasn't in love with Jackson, I'd happily turn for you," she told her.

Chloe rolled her eyes but smiled. "It's good to see you too."

Esmè smiled. She looked to her. "How was it in LA?" She asked.

Chloe shrugged. She sighed. "It was okay. My mom was weird though. Feels like she's keeping something from me. How's Mark been?"