𝟒𝟏. (𝟕𝐱𝟏𝟒 𝐏.𝐘.𝐓 {𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠})

Mark was in shock that Chloe was pregnant. She had kept it from him. He didn't blame her. She was heartbroken. He had hurt more than anyone had.

Part of Mark wished he could go back in time. He would never have hurt her. And they would be together right now. And they would be having a baby together.

He wanted Chloe to talk to him. But she wouldn't. She had told him to his face that he could raise his baby with Callie and she would look after their own baby on her own.

Mark didn't want it to be that way. He wanted to have Chloe there with him. Things had changed completely.

****

Chloe left the bathroom. She saw Derek who smiled. He handed her some water. "Keep your strength up. For the baby," he said.

Chloe smiled. "I wish it were you and Mer who were having the baby. Not me," she mumbled.

"It will happen for us."

"I hope so," Chloe said as she walked back into her bedroom. She looked to Derek. "Have you talked to Mark?"

Derek nodded. "I have. And he's told Callie he will be in the baby's life. But he wants you. And he wants to raise the baby with you," he told her.

Chloe sighed. She shook her head. "I don't know if I can. He hurt me for the last time. And it's not just me now. I have to think of the baby," she said.

"I understand that. But you don't want to do it alone do you? I'll help you when I can," Derek said.

Chloe looked to him. She shrugged. "I have been thinking about moving to LA. To be with my mom. Finish my residency at the hospital there."

"But can you really see yourself taking that baby from Mark? Deep down you know you can't do it," Derek told her.

Chloe knew Derek was right. And despite how angry she was, she couldn't take the baby from Mark.

****

Esmè was sitting in the apartment with Arizona. She frowned as she saw her mom making a green looking drink. "What the hell is that?" She asked.

Arizona smiled. "It is a nutritional drink. Helps pregnancy out. Maybe give Chloe some," she said.

Esmè raised her eyebrows. "Since when did I have a death wish? She would make me bathe in it," she said.

Callie came out of the bathroom. She saw Esmè there and sighed. "How's Chloe?" She asked.

"Pregnant and alone."

Callie turned to Arizona. She frowned. "What is it?" She asked as she looked to the goo.

"It's kale and apple juice smoothing. It's time to think less about your cravings. And more about filling that baby with nutrients. Which that has," Arizona handed the glass to Callie. She handed the rest to Esmè. "Give that to Chloe."

"My funeral you're planning then."

"It also has chunks. I don't drink chunks. I want my coffee," Callie said as the door opened and Mark walked in. "Mark. Tell the woman I'm allowed to drink one cup of regular coffee."