𝟓𝟐. (𝟖𝐱𝟏𝟔 𝐈𝐟 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲)

Mark and Chloe were lying in bed together. They had just finished having sex. Mark had his hand running up her thigh as he looked to her. "Grace isn't awake yet. Think we should make the most of this time," Mark said.

Chloe grinned. She was about to speak when the door opened. Esmè walked in. "Sloan. Put it away. I need to rant," she said.

"Rant about what?"

"About how your plastics posse is getting in the way of my sex life," Esmè told him.

Mark groaned. "I'm beginning to regret giving you a key Robbins," he mumbled as he made sure he was covered up. He heard Grace crying from her nursery.

He climbed out of bed and walked into her room. "Shush it's okay Gracie. Daddy's here," he said as he picked her up.

Mark loved the moments he had with Grace when she first woke up. She rested her head on his shoulder and yawned. "Let's go get your bottle. Then daddy will make you pancakes."

Mark walked into his own bedroom and Esmè had all but climbed in his bed. Grace held her arms out for Chloe who happily took her daughter.

Mark rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen. Chloe came in a few moments later. "Esmè is playing with Grace. Are you okay?" She asked.

Mark lifted her onto the counter. He kissed her lips and smiled. "What do you say we sneak off for a shower?" He said.

Chloe rolled her eyes. She looked to him. "Wait until tonight. If you can't last that long, page me and I'll sneak you to an on call room," she told him.

Mark smirked and nodded. He looked to her. "You're on Chlo," he said as he walked into the living room.

****

Chloe and Lexie were on peds that day. Lexie walked over to Alex. "Oh hey. I'm on peds today. Yay. Babies. I love babies," she said.

Chloe rolled her eyes. "The NICU, not the nursery. It can get pretty intense," she told her as Alex nodded.

"Oh, well, nothing is as intense as working on Derek's lost causes. It's like a death march up there. I mean, I call time of death on a daily basis. What do we got today?" Lexie asked.

The three of them scrubbed their hands. They then walked up to a baby that weighed less than 1 pound.

Chloe turned to look at Lexie. "Well, have you ever seen a baby that weighs less than a pound?" She asked.

Lexie shook her head. "Uh, no, because babies that weigh less than 16 ounces ... don't survive. My God. He's the size of a soda can," she said as she looked to the baby.

Alex nodded. "14 ounces."

Morgan's boyfriend wheels Morgan towards their son. "But he's growing," Morgan, the baby's mother said.

Chris sighed. "That might just be bloating from the fluids."

"Well, let's take a look."

Chloe smiled as she turned to Morgan. "How you feeling, Morgan?" She asked.

Morgan shrugged. "I-I'm the least of my worries," she said as she looked to her son.

Lexie looked over to Chris. "You must be Chris. Cardio resident at Cleveland, right?"

"You talk about me?"