𝟓. (𝟐𝐱𝟐𝟕 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐧)

AUTHORS NOTE;
Kelly Clarkson, Piece by Piece gives me Chloe & Derek vibes. Her dad left her. And Derek stood up and raised her
****

Chloe groaned as she walked around the hospital. Addison walked over to her. "You are supposed to be lying down," she said.

"I'm getting bored."

Addison rolled her eyes. She looked to her daughter. "Chloe. You have literally just been shot. I don't expect it to be a walk in the park," she told her.

Chloe pouted. "Can't I get discharged? I mean... I can look after myself. I'm not stupid," she said.

"No."

"Addison Montgomery. You're a mean mama."

Addison rolled her eyes again. She took Chloe's arm and took her back into her room. She sighed. "Stop walking around. I will restrain you if I need to," she told her.

****

A few days later, Chloe was on leave due to the gun shot. Addison wasn't happy when she realised her daughter was going into the hospital.

Chloe found herself in the chiefs office with the other interns. He was questioning them over the LVAD wire situation.

"I cut the LVad wire," Izzie said.

"Actually... I cut the LVad wire," Meredith said.

"No. I did it. I'm the one who cut the wire," George said. He elbowed Cristina.

Cristina rolled her eyes. "Fine. I cut the LVad wire," she mumbled.

Chloe and Esmè stood next to each other. Chloe raised her eyebrows. "I didn't cut it. And neither did Esmè or Alex."

Esmè rolled her eyes. "Chloe we all know it wasn't you. You were being saved from having a bullet in you," she said.

"I could have been there in spirit," Chloe said with a shrug.

The other four people looked to the trio who denied the accusation. Chloe shrugged. "I don't see why we're lying."

The Chief wasn't impressed. "People! I know who did this. So you might as well come clean. I know."

Chloe tilted her head as she looked at him. "If you did know who did it, then you wouldn't have us all in here. You'd have the one who did it. Wouldn't you?"

Izzie saw the look on Chloe's face. "I did what I-," Izzie began to say. But she was cut off.

Meredith looked to the chief. "You have suspicions. But you don't actually know."

"Not for sure," Cristina said as she looked at him.

George nodded. "And you can't do anything to us without proof," he told him.

The chief stood up. "Well one of you compromised a patients life. One of you stole an organ. One of you jeopardised the integrity of this hospital. And of UNOS. Now you tell me. And you tell me right now!" He yelled. When no one spoke, he continued. "Alright fine," he said as he sat back down.