𝟑𝟓. (𝟕𝐱𝟎𝟏 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐈'𝐦 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧)

AUTHORS NOTE;
This update may be confusing. But any italics, are flashbacks. Normal fonts are the current time.
****

Chloe was sitting in therapy with Dr Perkins. She had been through a lot lately.  Mostly down to the shooting.  "Did you hear that Dr Yang and Dr Hunt are getting married?" Chloe asked the therapist.

"I did."

Chloe nodded. "It's pretty great huh? It's almost like silver lining. You know, I read some stuff. About trauma. And how sometimes people just up and change their lives. They say trauma was the best thing that could've happened to them. You know, like Dr Shepherd this morning. Did you hear that he's not chief anymore?" She said.

Dr Perkins looked to her. "And how have you been Dr Montgomery? You've been through a lot since I last saw you."

****
Andrew looked to the group of people in the room. "Does, uh, anyone have anything to say? I know that a lot of you are only here because this has been mandated. So let's talk. Anything at all?" He asked.

Cristina looked up and spoke. "I ate a really good taco from one of those food trucks. By the side of the road," she told them.

Meredith turned to her. "When?"

"Last night. You were asleep."

"Which truck? The one on 7th?" Jackson asked.

Alex looked up and spoke. "I want to try those. I like tacos."

"Me too."

Chloe sighed. "I read a book. About the history of mass murders in the US. That's...that's the actual name of what happened to us. It was a mass murder. You can't call it a terror attack, because the murders weren't political in Nature. And we weren't the victims of a serial killer. Because Mr Clark would've had to murder several people over a period of 30 days in order to qualify him as a serial killer. We could define it as a spree killing. Which is defined as killings at two or more locations. With no break or pause in between, because Mr Clark shot that guy in his car before he got here. But I'm not sure that counts as a true second location because it was so close to the hospital. Which means that we were a mass murder. Because it happened at one place, by one person. And more than four people were killed," she said.

****

Chloe was sitting with Esmè. Esmè had been off work for a couple of days. "Your sister is your mommy huh?" She asked.

Esmè nodded. "Yeah. I haven't talked to her. I can't. I've been lied to my whole life. And it sucks. I just... I don't know. I can't deal with this. I'm in constant pain from everything that's happened," she told her.

Chloe took her hand. "Well I got covered in your blood. I slipped and ended up in your blood. We love that for us," she said.

"It's my way of making sure you never get a new best friend."

"As if. You have too much dirt on me," Chloe said as she took her hand.

Esmè looked to her. "How are you doing? I know what happened to you. You had a breakdown and too had to be committed."

"Mark put me there."

"Have you even talked to him since you came back?" Esmè asked as she looked to her.