Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Six - Countdown

Start from the beginning

Jellal darted out of the rune square and Laxus actually let himself smile at that, finally relaxing alone in the quiet for a bit.

Sometimes having siblings was nice.

*****

As much as I love all of the kids in the guild, I don't really spend as much time with some of them. I mostly spend time with the Stellars, Slayers, and Erigor, Juvia, Orga, Macbeth, and Freed. Yeah, Ultear will still come talk to me privately for big sister talks, and Jet will also still want to run his mouth on the gossip of the guild, but for the most part, I don't spend as much time with the rest on a very personal level.

See, I usually keep an eye specifically on Natsu, Orga, and Sting, as they are the most rowdy and troublesome. Energetic? Hyper? The point is, those boys are a lot so I'm usually watching them for trouble.

I was not watching Lyon.

That was a mistake.

See, we were ending the Festival with a big concert. A lot of our songs during previous Fantasia parades got pretty popular, and people wanted their own copies (which we would also be selling).

I had struggled with trying to find the right songs to sing for the concert. Some of them were almost no brainers, but others I kept picking and discarding because it turned out it was a bit more depressing than I remembered, or had a few 'inappropriate' words. Makarov draws the line on cursing in songs, which cuts out like...well, I don't know, but a lot of them. If it was in the chorus or anything we couldn't do the song, but if it was just once we could probably fix it. I also didn't want anything too death related or sad (I told Erigor and Macbeth we can have another concert sometime in May or something) or anything too...rebellious.

For example, on my 'Probably Too Much/Maybe Edit Songs? Playlists', one of the songs is Burn the House Down by AJR. It's a song I love, it's very easy to dance/party to, and...yeah. I like the song, okay? The trumpets are cool.

But the instant Lyon's Sound Pod got to the chorus, Makarov choked and Lucy had to bring out Phoenix. So we had to cross out any songs that were a bit too much when it came to anarchy or revolution or whatever.

I mean...I still managed to get a few of them in there. A key part in all of those things is that, for as much disorder they cause for a society, they're representatives of different opinions and expressing oneself.

So most of those songs were a bit more 'be yourself' then 'set the government on fire'.

I mean, we could do that too, also. Set the government on fire, not sing the actual song.

I also ended up singing a lot more songs than I wanted too. I still wasn't sure how I felt about singing in public (the guild doesn't count), but first it was just a little nudge from Erigor and Jellal (traitor), who suggested that I join in with the song the Stellar Siblings were doing as a group, and it's okay that Levy and Kinana weren't singing because they weren't as public and the public didn't know that they were Stellars anyway but I had to join because Yukino and Lucy were doing the first verse, and Jellal couldn't sing the second verse alone Elle, he'll be lonely, and HOW CAN WE BE THE STELLAR SIBLINGS IF THE MOST KNOWN STELLAR ISN'T SINGING WITH US!?

So I caved.

Even though that song was originally just going to be Sorano and Lucy, but then a male voice joined in the original version so they bugged Jellal to join. (Even though I told them that the gender of who sang the song originally doesn't really have to be taken into account. Most of the kids just like making it sound as close to the original as possible.)