🌸Spring Holiday! 🌸

Several weeks had passed since Nyx's victory in her fencing match against Durmstrang

Several weeks had passed since Nyx's victory in her fencing match against Durmstrang. During this time, Daphney's family had given their approval for an engagement between her and George, on the condition that he take on their family name. In addition, to the surprise of the members of the 28 families, Ginny and Harry announced a contract of their own. These developments resulted in Nyx spending her spring holiday week on Urquat estate with her father and uncle.

~Nyx's pov~

"But, Father," I interjected, my voice tinged with concern as my father raised a hand in a feeble attempt to diffuse the tension thickening the air. I shot a quick, pleading glance at Viktor, who stood by the door with an inscrutable expression, his arms crossed over his chest, a smug smile playing at the corners of his lips.

My uncle, sensing the impending storm, suddenly found great fascination in twirling his spaghetti around his fork, his attention wholly diverted from the brewing conflict. Feeling Brennan's reassuring pat on my hand, I drew a deep breath, summoning every ounce of courage as I abruptly pushed my chair back and rose to my feet, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Excuse me, Father," I said with a forced calm, my voice trembling slightly as I cast a pointed glare in Viktor's direction before striding purposefully toward the door. Viktor's hand shot out, gripping my arm in a desperate attempt to halt my departure. "Stop making things so complicated," he urged, his voice laced with frustration.

I yanked my arm away, my eyes blazing with defiance as I brushed past him and stormed out into the hallway. Brennan, ever the epitome of composure, swiftly followed suit, rising gracefully from his seat with practiced ease. "Gentlemen, if you'll excuse us," he said with a polite smile, his tone carrying a subtle undercurrent of authority as he gracefully bowed before straightening his suit jacket with meticulous precision. "I'm certain we made the right choice." Nyx's father said in a devious tone.

Though his words were smooth, Brennan could sense the weight of his dominance beneath the compliment. Yet, with a forced smile, Brennan followed in my wake, his steps measured and purposeful as he prepared to face whatever challenges lay ahead.