Sokeefe Christmas Special (Oneshot #7)

She was going to find the perfect gift. None of the elves celebrated Christmas, half of them probably didn't know it existed! So she was gonna surprise them, her friends and parents. Gonna get them spectacular gifts. She'd already found a gift for everyone. Everyone except Keefe.

Sophie wanted to deny it, pretend it wasn't true. But truth was, she'd been catching feelings for Keefe, day by day. She felt her all-consuming crush on Fitz fade, felt her feelings for Keefe grow. So she was at the hundredth store at Atlantis, trying to find the perfect gift. And then she had an idea.

She looked around, making sure that no one could see her. Then silently, she created a portal. Forbidden Cities? Here Sophie comes.

She walked up to a small, almost empty, store, and she could hear two people laughing.

"Percy, Estelle does not need a blue nerf gun!" a blonde girl told a quite good looking guy. Almost like Keefe if he were a Greek God.

"What if she does?" the boy whined, and the girl kissed him.

"Don't say dumb things, or I'll make you shut up."

"I don't mind you making me shut up." Sophie's heart ached. She'd never had such a good relationship. Not with Fitz, and not with the few guys she'd dated before she came to the Lost Cities.

Walking into the store, Sophie went straight up to the cashier, pointing to something almost sold out on the shelves.

"How much?" she asked, English feeling slightly strange on her tongue.

"Ten bucks." She grabbed the gift, creating a portal when she was out of everyone's sight. Though the two kids in the store did notice something weird that day... that they never decided to mention.

***

Keefe was staring wide eyed at the gift packaging.

"Foster! You didn't have to get me anything!" She chuckled.

"Of course I did." Keefe tore into the packaging like a kid on his birthday, smiling bright when he saw his gift.

"Foster... I love it." The sketchbook was the color of Keefe's eyes, and secured with a lock.

"I asked Dex if he could help, and he improved the lock. You can only open it with this key." Sophie tossed the key made by her Technopath friend to Keefe. "Now you'll always have your privacy."

"Foster? I got you something too." Nervously, Keefe pulled out a... fake plant? It was... Sophie's eyes widened.

"Sophie," he whispered, "I did some research-and I thought maybe... just maybe..." She kissed him.

"It's not a maybe, Keefe, it's a yes."

"Really?"

"Merry Christmas."

And she kissed him again.

A/N: Can someone name that mystery plant? 😏