Percabeth Oneshot #1 - The Girl and Boy on the Train

The train came closer and closer faster than she could blink.

         "Someone, please, hold the train! I'm gonna miss my flight!" she called desperately, her blonde locks swinging back and forth dangerously in the icy wind. Her shoes clicked against the platform as she ran, dragging her suitcase behind her, in a desperate attempt to reach the train. She was a decent 20 steps away when the train doors began to close, but one dark haired young man saw her plight and took pity on her. He shoved the doors open forcefully, gritting his teeth in concentration.

         "Get in, quickly," he demanded. Grateful, she stepped into the train.

         "Thank you," she said, as he skillfully yanked his arms back into the train.

         "No problem, Miss..."

         "Chase."

         "Pleasure to meet you Miss Chase, I'm Percy, Percy Jackson." His sea green eyes caught her attention first.

         "Your eyes," she whispered, "They're beautiful."

         "Thanks?"

         "Oh my god, that was so embarrassing," she turned red.

         "Don't worry about it, I've done weirder things."

         "I believe it." The train jostled forward as it screeched to a stop, sending her flying into the man's arms. As if she hadn't embarrassed herself enough.

         "I'm so sorry!" she yelped.

         He chuckled, "I think you're embarrassing yourself even more than I usually do!"

         "Hey!"

         "Well, I believe this is the airport, Miss," he gestured, waving goodbye. To her shock, she found herself truly upset to say goodbye to this man she had known for barely half an hour.

         "Bye, Percy," she smiled sadly, "It was nice meeting you." But he had already turned away from her and was scribbling something down furiously onto a paper. Hurt, she stepped down from the train, but as she did, Percy shoved the paper into her hand.

         "What?" she inquired. He made a phone with his hand and held it to his ear. Laughing, she uncrumpled the paper, and typed a new number into her phone.