Chapter 45 - The First Day Pt.1

Rimuru POV

Justice, is a complex and multifaceted concept that serves as the foundation of a just and fair society. It is a principle that embodies the idea of equality, fairness, and accountability for one's actions. However, the perception of justice can vary greatly among individuals, shaped by their beliefs, values, and personal experiences.

For some, justice is a means to maintain order and ensure that wrongs are made right. It acts as a deterrent to prevent crime and wrongdoing, while also serving as a way to protect the rights and freedoms of individuals. On the other hand, there are those who see justice as a tool used to exert power and control over others, leading to disparities and inequalities within society.

The definition of justice is not set in stone, as each person may have their own interpretation of what is fair and just. What one person sees as a fitting consequence for a crime, another may view as too severe or lenient. This diversity in perspectives can lead to disagreements and conflicts when it comes to enacting justice.

Ultimately, the concept of justice is a fluid and evolving one, influenced by the values and beliefs of society as a whole. It is a balancing act between enforcing consequences for wrongdoings and ensuring that individuals are treated fairly and with respect. However, it is important to acknowledge that what one person sees as justice may be perceived as injustice by another, highlighting the complexity and subjectivity of this fundamental principle.

-----

As the room erupted into applause, the vibrant energy slowly dissipated, and the students scattered, my mind shifted gears, focusing on the tasks ahead. The formation of the committee was an important milestone, but its ultimate success rested on the abilities of its members to collaboratively work together and effectively communicate.

I turned towards my fellow committee members, a content smile gracing my face as I observed the room, ensuring everything was in order. "Well, that went exceptionally well," I commented, my eyes scanning the now-empty space.

Claire beamed at me, her bright eyes brimming with joy. "Your speech was truly inspiring," she responded. "The students will undeniably feel reassured knowing that a seasoned committee will be looking out for them."

Art chimed in, his voice thoughtful, 'Indeed, Mr. Justice. Your speech exuded a sense of justice that resonated with everyone present.'

I shrugged, contemplating his words. 'Humans are inherently drawn to simplicity, and justice is a concept that provides them with security and a sense of fairness. While it may not be the sole motivator driving my actions, I do recognize its significance in maintaining order and harmony within a community.'

Art's gaze sharpened, curiosity twinkling in his eyes. 'Is that what you preach in Tempest?' he inquired.

I paused, amusement dancing in my eyes, as I observed the earnestness of his inquiry. 'No, my brother,' I responded, my tone filled with a touch of enigma. 'I do not need to resort to such trivial words among my subjects. Let us not forget, most of my people are, well, monsters. Concepts like justice hold little sway in their existence.'

Understanding washed over Art's face, and he nodded, acknowledging the complexity of the situation.

I turned to face Sylvie, who had been sitting patiently on my shoulder throughout the meeting. Sylvie let out a soft chuckle, her tiny eyes sparkling with amusement. 'It seems like you can't escape your duties, Papa,' she said, her voice tinged with affectionate teasing.

'Are you making fun of your father now?' I asked, a playful grin on my face.

Sylvie nodded, her tiny head bobbing up and down, her small form radiating a carefree energy. 'Oh, absolutely,' she replied, her voice filled with mirth and innocence that only she could possess.