Side Chapter - Picnic with my daughter and sister

Rimuru POV

I let out a tired sigh as I gazed at my mother, the lines of worry deeply etched on her face. She anxiously checked Sylvie, her fingers gently brushing against the small pair of horns protruding from my daughter's head. We had made plans to go out today, Sylvie, Ellie, and I, after I had promised them the day before.

"Mom, please try not to worry so much," I reassured her, my voice filled with empathy. I reached out to place a comforting hand on her arm, hoping to alleviate some of her anxiety.

"But, what if someone sees her? What will we do?" My mother fretted, her voice quivering with concern. Her gaze shifted nervously towards Sylvie, who innocently stared back at her, unaware of the worry she was causing.

Sensing my mother's distress, I quickly searched for a solution that would put her mind at ease. "Don't worry, Mom. I'll use my illusion magic to ensure that no one will even notice Sylvie's horns," I said, injecting a hint of confidence into my words.

My daughter beamed at my words, clearly happy to see her grandmother's worry being acknowledged. "Don't worry, Grandma Alice! Papa is the best magician ever! He can do anything! He'll protect me," Sylvie exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with admiration and trust in me.

Hearing Sylvie's unwavering confidence in me, my mother released a pent-up breath and a small, grateful smile crept onto her face. It was as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. "Well then, I suppose I can trust in your abilities, Rimuru. Just be careful, alright?" Her voice carried a mixture of worries and motherly love.

"Come on, honey, you know our son is more than capable of hiding Sylvie's horns," my father interjected, leaning against the wall with his hands folded in front of him. His confidence in me added another layer of reassurance.

I nodded in agreement with my father's statement. "Yes, Mom, Dad is right. I've been practicing my illusion magic for years, and I've gotten quite good at it. I promise, no one will be able to see Sylvie's horns."

My mother looked at me, her expression a blend of concern and gratitude, as if she wanted to voice a million worries and a million thanks all at once. "I know you're incredibly talented, Rimuru. But as a mother, it's difficult for me not to worry about my granddaughter's well-being."

Just as I was about to reassure my mother once again, a cheerful voice echoed through the stairs, breaking the tension. "I'm finally ready!" Ellie's excited proclamation filled the air, her voice brimming with anticipation. She confidently stepped into the room, accompanied by Julia, our maid.

A wide smile formed on my face as I laid eyes on Ellie. She was adorned in a beautiful light blue dress, every detail chosen with meticulous care. Her eyes gleamed with excitement and her cheeks flushed with a hint of rosy pink. "What do you think, brother? Don't I look cute?" Ellie twirled gracefully, allowing the fabric of her dress to swirl around her. Her youthful laughter filled the room, bringing a sense of joy and warmth to my heart.

Unable to contain my amusement, I let out a chuckle, marveling at how adorable Ellie appeared. "You look absolutely adorable, Ellie! You make the perfect little princess," I exclaimed, my voice full of sincerity. It was moments like these that reminded me of the immense happiness my family brought into my life.

A shy blush crept onto Ellie's cheeks, her giggles becoming even more contagious. She continued to twirl around, radiating pure happiness. "Thank you, big brother! I can't wait for our outing today!"

My mother, her worries momentarily forgotten, turned to Julia with a grateful smile. "Julia, thank you so much for all your help in preparing Ellie. I truly appreciate it."