Chapter 4 - the fall {Rewritten}

Arthur Leywin POV

I finished securing the backpack on my back, then stood next to my mother. She covered my hand with hers, and I noticed Rimuru doing the same. We were about to meet our father's old party members, and I hoped we could build a good relationship with them since we would be traveling together for a while.

Our father had mentioned the members of his old party from time to time, and here's what we knew about them:

Helen Shard: A female augmenter who specialized in magic archery.

Adam Krensh: A male augmenter who wielded a spear as his main weapon.

Jasmine Flamesworth: A female augmenter who excelled in speed and fought with dual daggers.

Angela Rose: A talented female conjurer who specializes in Wind Magic.

Durden Walker: Male conjurer, specializing in Earth Magic.

When we arrived at the hostel where the group was staying, I spotted them gathered in front of the building, already in the midst of preparations to leave.

"Guys, I want you to meet our sons, Arthur and Rimuru! Come on, introduce yourselves," our father exclaimed with a warm smile, embracing his former party members.

I gave a small, respectful bow while looking up at them. "Hey there. It's great to finally meet you all. My dad has spoken highly of his time with the Twin Horns, so we're really grateful to be joining you on this journey to Xyrus."

Rimuru chimed in with a friendly grin. "Hi everyone! I'm Rimuru, and it's a pleasure to meet all of you. We're super excited to be part of this adventure to Xyrus."

"Hahaha, what's this? Such polite youngsters! Are you sure they're your sons, Rey?" teased Adam, the Spear wielder. He had fiery red hair tied up in a loose ponytail, giving off a bit of a wild, carefree vibe. His eyes were bright and constantly twinkling with mischief. And of course, I couldn't miss the distinctive scar that stretched across his nose and cheeks.

 And of course, I couldn't miss the distinctive scar that stretched across his nose and cheeks

Before I could respond, I suddenly found myself being scooped up in a tight bear hug.

"Aw, isn't he just the cutest thing? You should be glad he didn't inherit your looks, Reynolds," she exclaimed, her voice tinged with amusement.

Peeling my face away from what felt like a memory foam death trap before she suffocated me in those gigantic breasts, I took a good look at the woman who was trying to kill me. Boy was she pretty. I mean, while not as pretty as my mother, she gave off the whole "royal princess" vibe with her long blond hair that came to a curl at the ends and radiant green eyes that drooped slightly.

 I mean, while not as pretty as my mother, she gave off the whole "royal princess" vibe with her long blond hair that came to a curl at the ends and radiant green eyes that drooped slightly