chapter 8 - Journey and meeting the royal family {Rewritten}

Rimuru POV

As Arthur carefully pacified the elf, I took the opportunity to search the surrounding area for anything that could aid us on our journey. My eyes scanned the debris as I stumbled upon a small stash of maps and books. With excitement coursing through my veins, I realized that these contained vital information about the hidden hideouts of the infamous slave traders.

Gripping the precious finds tightly, I made up my mind to share some of this valuable knowledge with the elves, for they were the ones most affected by this cruel trade. As for the rest, I saw an opportunity to use it to further my own plans, the stepping stones to my own undisclosed plans.

Amongst the discoveries, I stumbled upon a dimensional ring, Its presence sent a surge of relief through my weary bones, as it promised to lighten our burden and make our journey more manageable. I checked inside the ring, relieved to find a small sum of money and a pair of sleek daggers.

As I disembarked from the carriage amy eyes met the the two beast are, 'now what do I do with them?'

<kill them and take their cores.> Sylvia said.

>>Why? I don't need their cores.<<

<Give them to my daughter as soon as she hatches. Although I put a seal on her, she can be stronger by eating monster cores.>

>>Okay, let's follow your word.<<

Summoning my resolve, I swiftly and expertly dispatched the monstrous adversaries before me, their lives extinguished in service of a greater purpose.

"We're ready to go," I announced confidently, turning to face Art and the little elf. Art simply nodded in agreement.

Smiling warmly, I introduced myself, "Hi, my name is Rimuru Lewin, and this is my twin brother, Arthur. What's your name?"

"I'm Tessia Eralith," The elf, now identified as Tessia Eralith, looked up at me with gratitude in her eyes. "Thank you for saving me," she whispered softly, her voice barely audible.

"It's all right," I reassured her, extending a bundle of clothes I had found in the carriage. "Here you go. I assume these belong to you. Put the coat over them since it's going to be cold."

Tessia took the clothes with a grateful smile, clutching them tightly to her chest. "Thank you," she expressed her gratitude, her voice filled with relief. She quickly retreated behind a nearby tree to change into the clothes.

Meanwhile, Art glanced at me curiously, his eyebrows furrowed. "So it looks like you didn't get anything useful?"

I couldn't help but chuckle slyly, a mischievous glint in my eyes. Raising my hand, I revealed the ring. "They're here," I said, my tone laced with satisfaction.

Art's confusion deepened as he questioned the nature of my ring. "Ring?" he asked, his voice filled with curiosity and skepticism.

With a playful grin, I teased him. "Haa, it's a dimensional ring, you idiot," I replied, unable to resist a gentle jab.

Offended, Art protested, his voice rising slightly. "Hey!! Don't call me an idiot!! How should I know it's a dimensional ring!!?"

Sighing, I tried to pacify him, my voice laced with amusement. "Jeez, you don't have to scream that much. Anyway, give me the egg Sylvia gave you. I'll put it in the dimensional ring."

Art had a puzzled expression on his face, "Which egg? Sylvia didn't give me" A sudden realization struck Art, causing his eyes to widen in shock, "Ahhh, you say that stone is an egg!!!??"